Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
The Sacramento Kings organization is an engaging, fast-paced, and fun Sports and Entertainment Franchise. As a member of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to impact the Sacramento region both on and off the court. Combining a collaborative and innovative work environment with a talented and diverse staff, we've created a workforce in which every team member has the tools to reach their full potential.
The Marketing Specialist will assist in the development and execution of strategic marketing campaigns for the G-League franchise of the Sacramento Kings. The Specialist will work cross-functionally with other departments (including Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Entertainment, and others) and act as the liaison with the Creative team to produce marketing materials that reach business goals.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Collaborate with other departments to align on business goals and develop marketing strategies that benefit the organization. Identify opportunities to integrate campaigns throughout Marketing, Communications, Corporate Partnerships, Ticket Sales, Entertainment, and Community Impact.
• Primary areas of focus will include driving revenue through ticket sales, developing the fanbase, strengthening brand recognition, supporting the in-arena fan experience, and assisting in the development of co-branded promotions with corporate partners.
• Serve as the liaison with the Creative team, ensuring assets for advertising and other projects are delivered on-time, on-brand, and on-budget. Write creative and media briefs providing clear direction on all campaigns and events. Work closely with designers from concept through completion.
• Assist in driving key business results through integrated campaigns including digital, social, email, television, radio, outdoor, and other tactics.
• Work with Marketing Manager on the planning and purchasing of media when necessary to strengthen campaigns. Serve as the point of contact for promotional agreements (paid and trade) with media partners, as needed.
• Manage regular email campaigns including newsletters and ticket sales initiatives in close collaboration with the Business Intelligence team.
• Work closely with the Digital team to ensure promotions are represented on StocktonKings.com and relevant social channels.
• Monitor tracking mechanisms for campaigns to help evaluate overall effectiveness, identify strengths and opportunities.
• Collaborate on theme night concepts that provide memorable in-game entertainment and activation opportunities for corporate partners, plus drive ticket sales.
• Manage the creation of promotional items and marketing collateral.
• Cultivate and utilize a keen understanding of our customers and market for effective campaigns.
• Assist in managing the marketing budget and season-long marketing calendar.
• Manage the development and workload of the Marketing Intern.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Business, Marketing, or related field
• 3-4 years related experience preferred, ideally in the sports and entertainment industry
• Proven track record of developing, executing and measuring marketing campaigns
• Ability to champion a strategic vision with different groups and opinions
• Excellent communication skills and experience with creative copywriting
• Exceptional writing and proofing skills
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
• Proven prioritization and organizational skills
• Knowledge of project management tools and concepts preferred
• Ability to work nights/weekends and have a flexible schedule
• Reliable transportation to travel between Sacramento and Stockton
The Sacramento Kings Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital/familial status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The Sacramento Kings organization also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.