Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
Position: Marketing Manager
Reports To: Sr. Director, Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Capsule Position Description: The Marketing Manager is responsible for working in conjunction with the Sr. Director, Marketing to act as the liaison between internal clients/departments and the Creative Services team, and ensure all advertising, marketing and promotional plans and projects are delivered on-time, on-brand and on-budget.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA's):
• Effectively works with the Marketing and Creative Services departments to execute Kings marketing and media campaigns.
• Drives collaboration and the development of lead generation and lead nurturing initiatives.
• Develops targeted campaigns to drive awareness, sales, and the distribution of engaging content.
• Manages projects to drive fan engagement around programs like the NBA Draft, Fan Fest, All-Star voting campaigns, etc.
• Proactively manages Marketing and Creative Services projects for internal clients. The Manager will be tasked with ensuring that the highest quality of work is organized and delivered on time and within budget.
• Develops insightful and concise project briefs and job tickets to effectively kick-off work with Creative Services on internal client projects.
• Manages the delivery of campaign creative assets to all internal, media, vendor, and agency partners as necessary.
• Manages the development, planning and execution of marketing promotions.
• Assists in the development and creation of tracking mechanisms for each marketing and media advertising campaign to help evaluate overall effectiveness and identify strengths and opportunities.
• Responsible for developing and submitting in-season media trade-related deliverables including broadcast and in-game reads and graphics.
• Anticipates hurdles, problem solves, and offers solutions.
• Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with all departments.
• Communicates necessary marketing promotion and media campaign information with the various internal stakeholders to ensure campaigns are executed correctly.
• Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves unusual/adverse situations and makes sound decisions based on available facts and resources.
• Evaluates department processes and develops recommendations and implementation plans to improve those processes.
• Participates in the management and oversight of department and project budgets.
• Manages responsibilities of Marketing Coordinator, including initiatives for our G-League affiliate Stockton Kings.
• Additional duties as assigned by Sr. Director, Marketing.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook a must.
• Experience with email and marketing automation tools (i.e. Eloqua) preferred.
• Knowledge of project management tools and concepts preferred.
• Experience managing paid media campaigns.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be creative with the ability to conceptualize and develop marketing strategies and solutions.
• Exceptional writing and proofing skills.
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
• Must be willing to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years advertising or marketing experience required.
• Agency experience preferred.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you at least 3-5 years of relevant experience?
• Why are you interested in the role?
• Describe the most rewarding marketing campaign you've been a part of. Why was it rewarding?
• What's your favorite marketing campaign? What do you feel made it successful?