Intern - Kings Public Relations and Community Impact
Sacramento KingsStockton, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/25/2022 3:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Kings Public Relations and Community Impact jobs in Stockton-CA
Search all Intern - Kings Public Relations and Community Impact postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
You could be part of the excitement at the Sacramento Kings. Our internship program will contribute to your education and to your professional growth and development. Our program has a rich combination of learning and networking activities that will make your term impactful, beneficial, and yes, FUN!
Interns are responsible for any relocation and/or housing expenses.
Summary: The Stockton Kings is seeking a Public Relations (PR) and Community Impact Intern. This position is responsible for providing a wide range of support in all areas including, but not limited to, writing press material, pitching media stories, fielding media calls, assisting with special event planning and set-up, community outreach, gathering research, game entertainment and performing department administrative duties.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Assists in writing and disseminating press releases, media advisories, blogs, notes and other media material.
• Responds to internal and external requests for information as directed by the supervisor.
• Builds and maintains current media lists.
• Compiles clips of all media coverage and creates media coverage reports as needed.
• Assists in coordinating media events including scheduling, preparing timelines, drafting talking points and other tasks as needed.
• Assists in tracking upcoming projects, deadlines, awards and milestones.
• Serve as an ambassador to community nonprofits and foundation contacts.
• Assist in planning, coordination and execution of community programs/ initiatives and theme night events.
• Assist in tracking inventory and processing donation requests.
• Other various duties and projects as assigned.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work well on a team and independently.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs or more
• Must be goal, detail, and multi-task oriented with the ability to prioritize.
• Service-oriented; committed to teamwork and ability to tailor messages to their respective audiences.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
• Must be currently enrolled in a college or university program, or a recent college graduate (within the last year)
• Must be available to work at least 25 hours per week.
• Must be able to work game nights, extended hours, days, weekends and holidays when necessary.
The Sacramento Kings Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital/familial status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The Sacramento Kings organization also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.