Intern - Jr Kings
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/19/2022 1:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Jr Kings jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Intern - Jr Kings postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
You could be part of the excitement at the Sacramento Kings. Our internship program will contribute to your education and to your professional growth and development. Our program has a rich combination of learning and networking activities that will make your term impactful, beneficial, and yes, FUN!
Interns are responsible for any relocation and/or housing expenses.
Job Summary: The Jr. Kings Intern will serve as an integral part of the Social Responsibility department. They will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of Jr. Kings programs including building relationships with youth sports leagues, camps, clinics, and programs. You will assist in all aspects of the Jr. Kings program, including event logistics, participant involvement/forms, and coordination with community partners. You will research and look for opportunities to grow and assist with the development of the Jr. Kings program. As well as perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What we're looking for:
Prior experience with administration, the sports industry, or youth basketball is a plus, but we are essentially looking for smart, passionate, and hardworking candidates. Inspire us!
What you will do:
• Support in increasing the reach and participation of the Jr. Kings program.
• Assist in researching, scheduling, planning, and executing all Jr. Kings events.
• Work with the marketing department to promote Jr. Kings events.
• Build materials and assist with ordering supplies for the Jr. Kings program.
• Assist with game-night youth basketball activities including a concourse kiosk, special fan experiences, and Kids Club.
• Maintain Jr. Kings email correspondence, monitor Jr. Kings website updates and assist with posting on @Kings_Community social media channels
• Support the preparation and delivery of Jr. Kings swag to league partners.
• Research youth sports best practices.
• Keep real-time inventory of Jr. Kings materials, equipment, and supplies.
• Support the Social Responsibility department on various programs and initiatives.
MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 24 months) to be eligible.
The Social Responsibility team is more interested in these seven qualities than in any experience.
• Organization: You take pride in your work and in your workspace.
• Attention to detail: You strive for perfection and can simultaneously see the big picture and smallest aspect of a project.
• Communication: You are an exceptionally clear communicator who can write and speak with confidence.
• Learning quickly: We do not expect you to know everything, but we do expect you to be a quick and perspective learner.
• Self-reliance: You have a knack for figuring things out and require minimal oversight to see a project through to its end.
• Entrepreneurial spirit: You are goal orientated, ambitious, and creative, and you are excited about the idea of helping us to build something meaningful.
• A People Person: You are energized by the people around you; you are approachable, friendly, and easy to talk to.
The Sacramento Kings Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital/familial status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The Sacramento Kings organization also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.