Director, Marketing & Communication
Sacramento KingsStockton, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION: Director, Marketing & Communications
MANAGER: VP, Business Operations
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA's):
• Work with Marketing team to develop a creative marketing campaign that includes print ads, television ads, radio ads, a vigorous website, and unique marketing tactics.
• Establish strong media relationships with local TV, radio and newspaper employees and consummate agreements to drive ticket sales and add value to the corporate partners of the Team.
• Work with marketing team to develop innovative promotional campaigns that strategically integrate with marketing, business communications, corporate sponsorship, group sales, in-game entertainment, and community impact to drive ticket sales and expand media reach.
• Responsible for developing strategic marketing plans and programs, and overseeing the execution of such plans, to drive revenue goals and strengthen brand position. Primary focus on ticket sales and retention and corporate partnership sales and retention.
• Work in partnership with the ticket sales team to maximize revenue generating opportunities that supports renewals, new sales and retention programs.
• Work in partnership with the corporate sales team to maximize revenue generating opportunities that supports new sales, renewals and activation programs. Includes the development of strategies for the following initiatives: regional, grassroots, multicultural, youth and cause/social responsibility marketing programs.
• Write creative and media briefs providing clear direction on all campaigns and events. Work closely with creative team from concept through completion.
• Lead cross-functional teams on an assortment of campaigns and activities. Able to champion a vision with many different groups that have strong opinions.
• Cultivate and maintain a keen understanding of our customers and market
• Identify changes in the marketplace and adjust marketing plans accordingly to meet objectives and fall within budget.
• Develop and prioritize team technology marketing goals, including e-marketing initiatives in cooperation with the relationship marketing and new media teams. Efforts include the prioritization of web-based marketing opportunities, focus toward impacting the core audiences, as well as the conceptual development of web-based brand extension programs to impact our corporate and ticket sales initiatives.
• Effectively manage marketing budgets
• Negotiate, manage and monitor the agreement with the team's official Merchandiser and ensure proper coordination with Marketing and Finance teams
• Manage the Team's brand by ensuring compliance with logo usage specifications for all merchandise used by the organization or approved usage by outside parties (e.g. corporate partners, group outings, etc).
• Build strong relationships with the leadership of local business organizations
• Build positive relationships with the Mayor, City Council Members, City Manager, Finance Director, Director of Parks and Recreation, state legislators and other elected and unelected public officials in the Team's home territory.
• Build positive relationships with local media in the Team's home territory, including area newspaper reporters, TV and radio station general managers and vice presidents, and on-air talent.
• Plan and execute year-round communication strategies to elevate top of mind perception
• Develop potential media stories, write press releases and effectively pitch for maximum pick-up; act as the primary interface with media
• Manage and coordinate player, coach and management appearances and interviews; develop talking points, speeches, and presentations
• Support and contribute to the development of e-communication strategies including communications for the website, eNewsletters and interactive communications
• Develop, write, and edit all basketball communications which will include game notes, and game recaps mandated by G-League Communications.
• Manage reputation management, crisis communications, and day-to-day activities
• Oversee media operations on event days: credentialing and media check-in, scout hospitality, seating charts, photo lanes, statistical distribution, etc.
• Oversee broadcast storytelling and statistical inputting on game days via Game Notes
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Business/Sports Administration or Marketing.
• Minimum (2-3) years related experience in the sports and entertainment industry, preferably in the NBA.
• Ability to develop, execute and measure clear and concise marketing campaign plans
• Thorough knowledge of social media platforms.
• Experience in event production/presentation.
• Ability to develop creative corporate partnership activations.
• Ability to develop creative corporate partnership new sales pitches.
• Knowledge of relationship marketing platforms and measurement tools.
• Experience with creative copy writing.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude; committed to teamwork
• Excellent communication skills; customer service-oriented
• Solid prioritization and organizational skills
• Ability to work nights/weekends/flexible schedule
-The salary range for this position is $55,000.00 - $65,000.000 based on experience and qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Why are you interested in this position?