Assistant Box Office Manager
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
SUMMARY: The Assistant Box Office Manager is primarily responsible for enhancing winning relationships with all customer groups through heightened quality, performance and service, as well as servicing both internal and external customers with heavy emphasis on prioritization, organization and fulfillment in all aspects of ticketing.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Monitor communication between critical parties to ensure the accurate completion of ticket counts, requests, event builds, inventory management, will call, guest lists and all other Box Office processes leading up to the actual event.
• Administer ticketing initiatives including, but not limited to auctions, fan club sales, presale, sponsorship programs, promotional offers and VIP Packages.
• Responsible for event settlements.
• Maintains a positive interaction with staff, promoters, vendors and show representatives.
• Maintain show files on each event that include production kills, held seats, complimentary tickets and event audits.
• Supervises, evaluates and develops performance standards for Box Office staff.
• Assists with interviewing and hiring of staff.
• Create and complete timely reports including reconciliation and accounting of all ticket sales for each event and daily balancing/reconciliation of all monies collected from ticket sales/ancillary income while keeping reports competently filed and easily accessible.
• Provide the highest level of customer service and assure all customer issues are dealt with in an efficient and accurate manner.
• Assist marketing and premium seating departments to assure fulfillment of promotions and premium seating ticket orders.
• Responsible for vault monies including accurate counting of daily receipts, daily deposits and cash transactions along with maintaining accurate records of all bank / vault monies.
• Assists other departments in resolving any escalated complaints or issues related to tickets.
• Ability to provide a positive and professional attitude daily that will not diminish as a result of the commitment to working long and irregular hours – including nights, weekends and holidays (as dictated by the event schedules)
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet urgent deadlines while maintain a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
• Assume the duties of the Box Office Manager during his/her absence.
• Assist with other various assignments as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is preferred.
• 2-3 years of management/supervisory experience in an arena, stadium, PAC or public assembly facility.
• Knowledge of Ticketmaster products including Host, Archtics, Access Manager, TMONE and EMT.
• Strong customer service focus with the ability to handle volatile situations with discretion and independent problem solving.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be a strong leader with creative and innovative approaches to job related functions including alternative's to hard tickets (ie: paperless & mobile)
• Highly effective interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and people management skills required.
• Ability to create, analyze and interpret financial reports.
• Ability to effectively present information to management and respond to complaints from customers.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Why are you interested in this position?
• Do you have Box Office Experience at a venue or Arena? If yes, please elaborate.