Vice President, Latin Marketing
Saban Music Group LLCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Vice President of Latin Marketing at Saban Music Group is responsible for creating campaigns that drive maximum exposure to a targeted consumer base that results in maximizing growth for our Latin artists' fan bases and adoption of their repertoire. The desired candidate will have extensive experience leading Latin marketing at a music label and have an acute sense of modern marketing tools to breakthrough today's crowded digital and social media landscape. This position will report directly to the CEO and will co-lead the marketing efforts of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a quick-thinking self-starter team player who can lead with charisma and contribute creatively to the marketing process.
• Create and drive brand strategy for each Latin artist on the roster
• Design short and long-term marketing plans for artists in terms of overall brand awareness, release cycle, touring plans, merchandising and brand partnerships with consistent marketing messaging and themes
• Co-Lead marketing team along-side Head of Pop Marketing in strategy development, planning meetings and consumer acquisition
• Direct and oversee day-to-day functions of marketing support staff while providing coaching and guidance to increase productivity
• Provide significant out of the box creative input into progressive marketing campaigns
• Direct the strategic and cost-efficient use of marketing budgets with strong ROI
• Provide visual branding direction for artist imaging, album packaging, and music/marketing videos for the artist roster in coordination with the creative team and senior management
• Lead creative process and research unique marketing opportunities to help support each artist's individual brand
• Lead brainstorming, strategic, and tactical planning meetings to provide cross-functional synergy
• Analyze market conditions and marketing plan effectiveness on an ongoing basis, adjusting in real time as necessary
• Develop and foster strong professional working relationships across A&R, operations, finance, senior management, artists, artist managers and touring booking agents
• Effectively manage all third-party vendors including marketing consultants, PR consultants, press release writers, video production companies, photographers, etc.
• Coordinate appearances and live performances for artists
• Travel for promotional events, industry functions and meetings as needed
• Extensive experience leading marketing at a music label
• Expertise in global marketing strategies leveraging the latest and greatest technology partners, digital marketing tools and social media platforms
• Strong connections in Latin artist development community including both social media and traditional media outlets
• Demonstrates an understanding of how to utilize YouTube for a highly influential outcome
• Exhibits an understanding of diverse data sets and ability to translate them into actionable marketing plans that drive awareness, fan engagement and ultimately revenue growth
• Proven creative experience, including campaign oversight and team leadership in a fast-paced, creative arena
• Extensive experience in the music industry, including Latin and international
• Experience managing a team of direct reports
• Possess an insatiable appetite for marketing innovation and desire to bring the artists' music to the world
• Self-starter who eats, lives, and breathes music with an intense passion to win
• Proactively and productively thrives in an entrepreneurial setting, while being receptive, open-minded, and objective when encountering diverse points of view
• Bachelor's or master's degree preferred but not required
• Fully bilingual in Spanish and English
Saban Music Group is a music entertainment company that embraces the globalization of music and works with artists with international appeal. Saban Music Group focuses on signing and breaking new acts by building bridges where artists and business partners can efficiently reach their target audiences. The company is committed to providing resources to its artists through a 360-model encompassing recorded music, publishing, touring, brand partnerships, merchandising, and more. SMG has offices in New York and Los Angeles.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online