Run for Digital DignityLos Angeles, CA
Run for Digital Dignity (RFDD), LLC, is an event set for launch on Nov 5, 2020, with an opportunity for an Executive Producer with a background in Event Television, Sports Biography, and/or Live Events/Gameshows/Music.
RFDD is a conversation about the value of our data as well as a live-build 'scrum' which aims to build the means of its control (into a type of smart-contract public utility), taking place over the duration of a coast-to-coast run across the US. At the completion of our run, the World will know that data-control is possible and profitable. Along the way, our goal will be to raise awareness, involvement from the crowd, and money for the development and marketing of our project - while running 110 marathons. The expedition will be captured by an embedded film crew.
The Run will encompass two general timelines and be held From Nov 5-Nov-30 departing Silicon Valley, arriving in Hollywood; From Jan 5-June 1, departing Santa Monica, arriving in Virginia Beach. Not including post-production, this project is expected to last AT LEAST UNTIL JUNE 2021.
The Executive Producer has a passion for transformative storytelling, live events, sharable viral content and influencing positive change. This is a role for someone who is experienced in film, television or video games, scripted/unscripted, has a mind for developing IP, and wants to develop something truly special. No cheat codes here. This role will determine the quality and success of project materials. They are skilled at communications, open-minded and curious.
Our EP will help us with both the documentary and the event itself, primarily the marketing of a 'docu series' to such outlets as YouTube, Netflix, Hulu and Quibi. In particular, we are looking for someone to handle the format and sale of RFDD as a series.
• Minimum of 15 years' experience in long form storytelling
• Proven ability to build, manage and lead a team; Experience managing creative teams in a high-pressure environment
• Strong editorial judgment
• Executive-level presentation and communication skills
• A team-first, no-drama working style, with a focus on results
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization; have a problem-solving approach; be highly self-motivated, well-organized and have a strong work ethic
• Ability to participate in developing and articulating the company's brand, tone and programming
• Aware of latest news, talking points, trending topics
• Lead efforts to secure interviews, talent and production meetings at studios and/or production offices
• Maintain a high level of enthusiasm
• A passion for removing middlemen from your personal data
Traits we'd like to see:
• 5+ years production experience
• Have a strong sense of audience desires
• Familiarity with tech development, workflow, software, pipelines and roles
• Previous experience producing complex commercial projects
• Strong rolodex of industry contacts
• Adobe, Word, Google Docs, Microsoft Teams, capable
Due to COVID-19, this will be an offsite or limited location exposure based position, depending on the involvement desires of the EP.
This is an unpaid, for credit only position. Negotiations based on experience, we are open to anything and would love to hear from you!
RFDD is comprised of a small team of tech industry and Hollywood veterans, spread across the US.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online