Director of Marketing
Round Room LiveNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Director of Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director of Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director of Marketing? Role Overview:
The Marketing Director is responsible for overseeing advertising, promotions, publicity and social media for Round Room Live - this includes creating and implementing marketing plans including advertising, promotions, publicity, social media, media buying and strategic partnerships for both Round Room theatrical tours and Round Room exhibitions & experiences.
The Marketing Director supervises the national marketing strategy and liaises with both local promoters, freelance contractors, as well as project licensors. The Marketing Director must manage and communicate effectively with Round Room's internal stakeholders and manage a team of vendors and freelance staff.
- 3+ years' experience in entertainment industry marketing, tour marketing experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of the North American markets, including relationship building efforts with key media and local influencers.
- Familiar with live event marketing and event planning.
- Knowledge of children's entertainment brands is a +.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Creative and proactive thinker and first-rate communicator.
- Experience managing and building social channels for a brand.
- Experience managing digital media campaigns and analyzing data.
- Team-oriented with a collaborative work approach.
- Results-focused and solution-oriented mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently.
- Experience with the following will set you apart: Photoshop, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Keynote, Facebook advertising, Wordpress.
- Graphic design experiences is a +.
- Create and manage brand marketing campaigns for Round Room projects. Tasks include but not limited to
o Key artwork and asset development
o Media recommendations
o Publicity strategies
o Social media content calendar creation
o Strategic marketing partner outreach and onboarding
o Promotion planning
- Work with IP holders to route approvals and connect with other licensees regarding promotional opportunities.
o Prepare for and host monthly & weekly marketing meetings with IP holders.
- Manage various agencies and contractors to create approved marketing materials and asset packages for each project.
- Maintain a close relationship with local marketing managers to deliver up to date assets, approval of localized assets, local budgets, and making sure to assist in any other local marketing needs.
- Work with local teams to develop, monitor and adjust advertising budgets as needed.
- Implement digital marketing & social media strategies including the distribution of targeted eblasts to the Round Room database & social media engagement/content management.
- Work with other Round Room team members to coordinate effective promotions and take advantage of related promotional inventory (merchandise).
- Manage media buying process including, but not limited, digital, social, radio, TV, print and outdoor for select projects.
- Manage national and local press and publicity for each project in concert with publicity team.
- Liaise with Round Room production and creative teams to coordinate press opportunities for talent.
- Work closely with the ticketing team to create and implement ticketing promotions and programs.
- Oversee social media manager to create engaging content for each project.
- Manage web contractor's creation and adjustments of website, with approved assets, liaising with promoter on key info, and on-sale rollout.
- Communicate with local marketing teams to ensure that sales goals are reached for individual events.
- Assist with creating new VIP packages as well as developing ways to inform potential ticket buyers about the programs.
- Generate exciting press and branding opportunities that continue to position Round Room as an industry leader in the live entertainment space.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Round Room Live is a producer and promoter of live entertainment, that specializes in transforming both new and iconic intellectual property into engaging and thrilling live events. Round Room creates unique live experiences tailored to the distinct character of each property and produces the highest quality productions for audiences around the world. Their current roster of touring theatrical shows includes: Baby Shark Live!, Blippi The Musical, Peppa Pig Live, and PJ Masks Live! Save the Day. Round Room's Immersive and Entertainment Experiences division is currently touring: Jurassic World: The Exhibition, Mandela: The Official Exhibition and The Infinite: Living Among the Stars. Following the global success of PJ Masks Live, Entertainment One acquired a majority position in Round Room Live in 2018. Entertainment One is now a division of Hasbro.