Digital Communications Producer
Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & InstituteSimi Valley, CA
Full Time Job
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is seeking a full-time, non-exempt employee to oversee all aspects of creating video(s) needed for the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute to support branding and its initiatives for various in-house departments. This position is a part of the Foundation's graphics department and reports to the Creative Director. All final products will be presented to the Chief Marketing Officer for final approval. This position requires flexible hours during event productions. Some evenings and weekends are required.
The successful candidate will be willing to roll up his/her sleeves to do the work in support of the team. He/she will be enthusiastic, energetic and a reliable self-starter. He/she will be able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and budgets. He/she will be able to work in a group dynamic with the rest of the graphics team. He/she will be able to work with multiple in-house departments on multiple projects at the same time and is able to meet deadlines.
Tasks include scheduling, securing locations, shooting, scripting/story-boarding, lighting, filming, producing and editing, as well as the acquisition of any equipment or on-screen talent necessary for each video project. The person will produce new videos as well as edit and update existing videos. Position will also film Foundation events, run livestream boards and more. Digital photography of events may also be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with development of video, web and social media content of assigned projects, while conforming to elements required within the established brand identity.
• Videoing, editing and photography of assigned projects.
• Will assist with all departments, including ''Live from the Reagan Library'' videos, ''Inside the Reagan Library'' videos, ''Reagan Retrospective'' videos, education videos, donor development videos, television commercials, ''Behind the Scenes'' videos and more.
• Work with in-house team operating cameras and/or sound equipment to capture events and museum exhibit b-roll, including set-up and tear-down of equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
• Knowledge and experience with photography and videography
• Formal video and web design training or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 4 years digital media (video/web) experience
• A minimum of 4 years in film production
• Strong passion for creating meaningful and engaging video content
• Ability to conceive, shoot, create, and deliver video content in variety of styles, adaptable to different target audiences and organizational initiatives
• Excellent skills in video editing/post-production such as Final Cut &7 or X
• Excellent knowledge of common industry applications [i.e. Adobe Create Suite (Mac), especially PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, DreamWeaver]
• Knowledge of live webcasts through YouTube technology a plus
• Knowledge of managing a YouTube channel a plus
• Experience with HTML/CSS, Wordpress is a plus
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Comfortable working with a wide range of decision-makers
• Very strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work in teams, but also proven ability to work independently
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, ability to bend, kneel and crouch
• Reliable transportation and ability to travel by car for off-site errands/product pick-up
• Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays for special events
• Work and time management skills, including flexibility, punctuality, reliability, and adaptability
• Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
• Initiative, integrity, flexibility and stress tolerance are essential
• Must possess a positive attitude
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We value our employees' time and efforts. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently working in a hybrid rotating at-home/on-site situation. As restrictions are lifted and it becomes safe to do so, this job will be located on-site.
This is a full-time non-exempt position, offering a salary commensurate with experience in the $60,000-$64,000 range, as well as excellent benefits, including vacation, health/dental/vision coverage, and the opportunity to participate in a retirement plan.
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is the nonprofit organization created by President Reagan himself and specifically charged by him with continuing his legacy and sharing his principles - individual liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy and national pride. The Foundation is a non-partisan organization which sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, CA, the Reagan Center for Public Affairs, the Presidential Learning Center, The Air Force One Pavilion and the award-winning Discovery Center, as well as the Reagan Institute, which carries out the Foundation's work in Washington, D.C. The Reagan Library houses over 60 million pages of Gubernatorial, Presidential and personal papers, over 1.6 million photographs, a half million feet of motion picture film, 25,000 audio recordings, 22,000 video recordings, and over 83,000 objects chronicling the lives of Ronald and Nancy Reagan. It also serves as the final resting place of America's 40th President and his First Lady.
Applicants who do not include sample work will not be considered for the position. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online