Video Producer / Editor, News
Rolling StoneNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Rolling Stone: Video Producer/Editor, News
Rolling Stone is hiring a Video Producer based in New York City who will be a key member of a growing video production team, working within an extremely fast-paced entertainment news-based and creative environment. From video content for social media strategies, to developing regular content, to shooting content in our studios or on location, the Video Producer will help grow our video footprint in the digital space in many formats. The Video Producer will be able to quickly edit, create custom graphics, and package content into dynamic short form pieces. Fluency in both emerging and longstanding social/video platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat and Facebook are essential.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of producing original high production value content video. The primary role for the Video Producer is to work with our teams, contribute ideas, technical expertise, and create video content that engages our audience across our variety of brands and a multitude of platforms.
This role reports to the head of Video Production, the ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently and able to meet deadlines with short turn-around times.
• Produce daily video that is conceived for the web - .com, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
• Work with our video team and various brand leaders to fill the growing demand for video content surrounding events
• Shoot and edit high quality footage that suits the needs of the brand
• Manage on-location shoots, sets, and crews
• Manage multiple productions and ensure delivery on time.
• 3-5 years of experience shooting, creating and managing the production of premium digital video
• Background in entertainment, news, music or similarly related digital consumer media
• Thorough and current understanding of video distribution in a fast-paced and ever-evolving video environment
• A track record of producing premium, high-visibility video for large-scale audiences
• Fluency in core video social platforms and their video integration
• Ability to work efficiently across multiple events, platforms and stakeholders
• A track record of coming up with solutions for logistical challenges
• Passion for digital/entertainment/news/fashion
• Fluency with the Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere)
• Shooting with Sony Fs7, digital cinema, and mirrorless cameras
• Color grading, After Effects, Sound Mixing
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.