Rolling StoneNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Join our fun, fast-paced, talented team. You’ll be the Features Editor overseeing some of our most important long-form journalism — news-breaking narrative non-fiction about politics, true crime, national security, technology, pop culture, and so much more.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of generating and landing ambitious features, essays, and high-profile interviews for both digital and print. The editor must come with a network of freelance writers and a demonstrated ability to get the most out of those writers. The senior editor must be able to edit and assign stories of interest to diverse communities with sensitivity and intelligence. A willingness to collaborate is a must. So are the ability to shape features and respond to breaking stories quickly, accurately, and style.
• Assign and edit major features, interviews, and more – for both print and digital.
• Manage freelance and staff writers tackling some of Rolling Stone’s most ambitious projects.
• Track emerging trends for story ideas, with a particularly close eye on politics, tech, true crime, pop culture, international affairs, and more.
• Brainstorm coverage ideas with videographers, photographers, and social media specialists — as well as with other reporters and editors.
• Serve as a member of Rolling Stone’s senior editorial leadership team.
• 7 years experience assigning and editing ambitious long-form journalism.
• A proven track record of delivering exclusive and high-quality material on a deadline.
• The ability to juggle several stories and projects at the same time and keep a cool head under pressure.
• A substantial network of freelance writers.
• Experience successfully bringing home stories with complex sourcing, fact-checking, and legal vetting.
• A deep sense of what makes a story right for Rolling Stone.
• A commitment to collaborating with colleagues at every level of the organization.
• NYC preferred, but certain remote locations ok
Typical wage range: $115k - $125k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, effective for this role July 1, 2023, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It's all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary, and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social, and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com