Senior Editor, Entertainment
Rolling StoneLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/13/2022 11:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Editor, Entertainment jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Editor, Entertainment postings
Full Time Job
Rolling Stone, the leading voice of popular culture for more than 50 years, is adding an experienced editor to oversee its coverage of film, TV, streaming, and the broader entertainment industry.
Join our fun, fast-paced, talented team. You’ll be the senior editor overseeing our coverage of TV, film, and all things entertainment — from reviews and recaps to profiles, Q&As, in-depth investigations, long-form features, and fast-breaking news hits. The ideal candidate is deeply connected in Hollywood, has impeccable news judgment, and comes with a track record of getting the most out of writers and reporters, in any format, digital or print. The senior editor must be able to edit and assign stories of interest to diverse communities with sensitivity and intelligence. A willingness to collaborate is a must. So are the abilities to shape features and respond to breaking stories quickly, accurately, and with style.
• Assign and edit features, interviews, and reviews – for both print and digital.
• Manage a team of reporters and critics.
• Track upcoming releases and emerging trends for story ideas, with a particularly close eye on the intersection of popular culture with politics, tech, crime, and more.
• Brainstorm coverage ideas with videographers, photographers, and social media specialists — as well as with other reporters and editors.
• 5 years experience editing entertainment or popular culture journalism.
• A proven track record of delivering exclusive and high-quality material on deadline.
• The ability to juggle several stories and projects at the same time and keep a cool head under pressure.
• A substantial base of contacts in Hollywood.
• Deep knowledge of television and film across genres and formats.
• A commitment to collaborating with colleagues at every level of the organization.
It's all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary, and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social, and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.