Rolling StoneNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Rolling Stone: Research Editor
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Rolling Stone's research department seeks an experienced and resourceful Research Editor to join their team. The Research Editor will be responsible for researching and fact-checking features for our print and digital platforms, and must have demonstrated experience working on large, multi-sourced features under tight deadlines. In addition, candidate must have impeccable judgment and a genuine interest in and understanding of a wide variety of subjects within politics, culture, science and hard news.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have 2 years' experience doing research and fact checking at a national news or general interest magazine, newspaper or website.
• Be passionate, curious, and informed about and well informed in culture, science and politics.
• Have experience with LexisNexis and PACER, and working with legal teams on legally and editorially sensitive material.
• Be confident interpreting legal documents, scientific studies and public records.
• Be able to pay close attention to the details of a story, while also having the ability to zoom out and assess the backbone of an entire piece.
• Be able to communicate with sources in a sensitive and thoughtful way.
• Feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment-both print and digital-and be able handle multiple projects simultaneously.
We believe our newsroom should represent the communities we cover and our readership. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for over 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.