Producer & Host- Twitch
Rolling StoneNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Rolling Stone: Producer & Host – Twitch
Rolling Stone is looking for a full-time Producer and On-Camera Host for its recently launched Twitch streaming channel. This person will spearhead the development of a daily slate of content across multiple formats (performances, interviews, games, and more) – ensuring that all content is aligned with the Rolling Stone brand and editorial voice of the company. This is both a creative production and on-camera talent role, and candidates will be expected to both produce and host their own content live on-air. The ideal candidate is extremely proactive, creatively driven, and collaborative – focusing on creating a unified vision for the team and platform. This position will report to the Executive Producer.
• Researching talent, stories, and avenues to explore in the live streaming space
• Writing and producing daily segments (~5 days per week) for 2 hour live streams
• Hosting and running streams, including but not limited to:
• Running through daily news
• Interviewing or moderating discussions with RS Staff & Talent live
• Working with performing talent on air
• Engaging with the audience on the fly and creating a rapport
• Acting as a public face and representative of the brand, including using one's own socials or audience to help build Rolling Stone's audience on the platform
• Working with Executive Producer and Co-Hosts to brainstorm new ideas for both editorial and branded content/sold programs
• Working with 3rd party brands and sponsors for paid partnerships and campaigns within the streaming space
• Ability to collaborate closely with the Executive Producer to help budget, plan and execute a shared vision.
• Multitask and shift gears quickly; consistently manage 5 days (10 hours or more) worth of content per week.
• On top of NY-based studio and home streams, traveling to Rolling Stone live events/tentpoles to produce & host remote streams.
• A minimum of 2-3 years of experience collaborating on projects through every phase of production, including budgeting, pre-production, production, post-production, and final delivery for internet distribution.
• A strong and comprehensive understanding of the current state of music (production and industry), popular culture, film/video content production, live streaming platforms & culture, advertising and PR. Knowledge of video games – industry and culture – is a plus.
• Experience producing editorial and/or commercial content, film/video shoots, and working with crews.
• Strong experience in the live streaming realm – ideally at least 1-2 years live streaming on personal or professional channels.
• Experience producing shoots and working with celebrities, influencers, artists, athletes, everyday people and/or top-tier talent
• Experience and proven track record of success and results as a Producer & Host.
• The ability to travel frequently for extended periods of time.
• Bilingual is a plus – Spanish or Korean ideally.
• Full résumé or credits, cover letter (or video cover letter) required. Screen tests and chemistry tests with other staff will also be required.
• Please send all links to existing or previous streams and on-camera appearances.
It's all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.