Executive Director, Brand Partnerships
Rolling StoneNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Rolling Stone: Executive Director, Brand Partnerships
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
In 2021 Rolling Stone and Billboard merged to become the preeminent music content destination within PMC, Informally known as ''The Music Group.'' The Executive Director, Brand Partnerships, is a rare opportunity to represent 2 world renowned music brands with legitimate brand equity and become part of a world class high performing brand partnerships team.
We are seeking a mid to senior level brand partnerships professional with digital-first experience and relationships in CPG, Finance, and Fintech to manage out of Los Angeles or New York for Billboard, Rolling Stone and all of its IP's.
The Executive Director of Brand Partnerships will sell integrated programs and lead partnerships efforts across our digital, video, social, virtual/live events, and print platforms.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who have relationships with key national entertainment and tech clients, deep digital/social/experiential experience, excellent communication and presentation skills, creative thinker, and energetic seller who is confident and comfortable calling on all levels at both the client and the agency level.
• Digital-first sales experience with proven ability to close at a high rate
• Relationships with senior clients in the CPG, Finance and Fintech categories
• Ability to create big ideas and drive sales across all platforms
• Ability to call on all stakeholders, including client, agency, social and PR teams
• Approach clients with a solution-based approach
• Ability to grow business and develop new revenue and product opportunities
• Perform well in a competitive and collaborative environment
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong negotiation and presentation skills a must
• Must be flexible and move with a high sense of urgency when opportunities strike
• Be proactive and prepare proposals via the RFP process
• Maintain constant contact with client before, during, and after the sale to establish and positively manage/grow the business relationship
Billboard: Billboard is the world's most influential music media brand reaching key executives and tastemakers in and around the music business through Billboard Magazine and millions of music fans through Billboard.com and Billboard Events. The Billboard brand is built on its exclusive charts and unrivaled reporting on the latest news, issues and trends across all genres of music. Billboard receives hundreds of millions of brand impressions daily through many strategic relationships with major companies across various industries. These relationships leverage Billboard's brand recognition, proprietary chart data and information resources to develop products, live events and print, television, radio, digital and mobile platforms. In addition to North America, Billboard operates businesses in Brazil, Greece, Japan, Korea and Russia.
Rolling Stone: Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.