Rolling StoneLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Rolling Stone: E-Commerce Editor
Rolling Stone is hiring a full-time E-Commerce Editor to support the growing e-commerce business at RollingStone.com.
The E-Commerce Editor will work closely with our Director of Commerce to create an e-commerce strategy and editorial calendar for Rolling Stone, while overseeing a team of in-house writers and freelancers. You’ll also be responsible for publishing daily shoppable listicles, deal posts and reviews, spanning everything from electronics and fashion, to fitness and smart home tech.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing e-commerce content as well as a demonstrated interest in multiple product categories. Experience with affiliate networks, link tracking, SEO tools and data analysis is a major plus.
This prospective editor should be bursting with great pitches for product reviews and roundups that are a perfect fit for the RollingStone.com audience. This person must also have the ability to create snappy copy that incorporates general SEO best practices.
We’re looking for a product-obsessed editor with a keen attention to detail who’s deadline-oriented and can create content start-to-finish in our CMS.
• Copy edit and publish 30 e-commerce stories a week on RollingStone.com
• Write and produce 4-5 pieces of shoppable content roundups per week, featuring the latest products in the men's space, ranging from gear to grooming staples
• Update existing content ensuring latest product launches and trends are reflected
• Track sales and traffic and send weekly e-commerce revenue reports and updates
• Create and track product reviews funnel, ensuring writers receive products to review and that reviews are published per embargos and deadlines
• Work closely with the editorial team to ensure SEO and editorial best practices are met
• Minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience in digital journalism, preferably in e-commerce
• The ability to work independently, extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market a plus
• Daily experience working within a CMS (familiarity with WordPress preferred)
• Experience with affiliate marketing/affiliate networks
• Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software a plus
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.
About Penske Media Corporation
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.