Associate Manager, Events
Rolling StoneNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2021 6:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Associate Manager, Events jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Manager, Events postings
Full Time Job
Rolling Stone: Associate Manager, Events
In 2021 Rolling Stone and Billboard merged to become the preeminent music content destination within PMC, Informally known as ''The Music Group.''
The Associate Manager of Events will be responsible for organizing and producing signature events for Rolling Stone, Billboard and Vibe as well as events surrounding key consumer and industry cultural moments for the brands. This position will work to develop the overall event experience, production budgets and handle logistics from start to finish for each event across the Live Media/Events team's calendar.
In this role you must be resourceful, a creative thinker, and an experienced event marketing professional. You must have strong hands-on experience planning and executing events in a variety of formats including consumer facing, industry summits and forums and private sponsored events.
The position requires superior organization, negotiation, writing and communication skills, as well as being able to manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively. This position reports to the Senior Director, Events.
• Consistently research new venues, event trends and event vendors; build upon arsenal of valuable event vendors and contacts as resources
• Budget creation support, submission, and reconciliation with Finance teams
• Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs
• Liaise with design team to create and implement all look and feel; coordinate all on-site event design elements
• Liaise with PR, Sponsor and Attendee teams to handle invitation correspondence and registration.
• Assist in development of branded sponsor integrations including proprietary events from concept to execution including venue sourcing, catering, and other specialty elements
• Manage cross-functional communication with internal stakeholders from edit, sales, marketing, photo/video, finance, and legal.
• Manage event Run-of-Show and staff communication
• Provide post event analysis, budget recaps, internal and client feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans
• 2-3 years relevant experience preferably containing a mix of PR and Event Production
• Skilled in project management
• Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
• Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to problem solve
• Customer service orientation
It's all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Billboard is the world's most influential music media brand reaching key executives and tastemakers in and around the music business through Billboard Magazine and millions of music fans through Billboard.com and Billboard Events. The Billboard brand is built on its exclusive charts and unrivaled reporting on the latest news, issues and trends across all genres of music. Billboard receives hundreds of millions of brand impressions daily through many strategic relationships with major companies across various industries. These relationships leverage Billboard's brand recognition, proprietary chart data and information resources to develop products, live events and print, television, radio, digital and mobile platforms. In addition to North America, Billboard operates businesses in Brazil, Greece, Japan, Korea and Russia.
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.