Roger Dean StadiumJupiter, FL
Full Time Job
The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for providing support to the Finance and Administration Department through performing a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and financial tasks. This role will provide an in-depth look at how the Accounting department operates within a professional sports organization. You will be given a unique opportunity to see the wide-ranging impact the Accounting department has in supporting the organization. The primary focus of this role is assisting the Director of Finance and Administration with the day-to-day operations in the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Daily entry of key data and financial transactions into accounting software programs.
• Review and reconcile all company bank accounts.
• Review and execute all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
• Assist the department with month-end closing related activities.
• Review and reconcile third party vendor reports (Ticketing and Concessions).
• Reconcile/review selected general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
• Assist with monthly sales/use tax reporting and annual 1099 reporting.
• Accurately maintain and organize accounting documents and records.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with elevated Excel skills.
• Adept at data entry and word processing.
• Strong analytical skills with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain discretion concerning confidential records.
• Availability to work longer hours, nights, weekends on select times of year (Feb/March).
• Sage Peachtree experience a plus.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Strong written and interpersonal skills.