Paid Intern - Media Relations
Roger Dean Chevrolet StadiumJupiter, FL
Part Time Paid Internship
Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium is looking to add a Media Relations Intern who will assist the Media Relations Coordinator overseeing all press box workers and equipment during the Spring Training and the Florida State League seasons.
GAME DAY Responsibilities
• PA system, Music computer, Video Board (Daktronics, Showcontrol, Dakstats), and Scoreboard.
• Train and supervise all press box staff.
• Assist with the planning and coordinating of on-field activities with the promotions department.
• Program video board equipment daily (headshots, stats, logos, etc.).
• Create visual content for the video board for Spring Training and Florida State League games.
• Write, and issue all press releases, and correspondence with media and issue game recaps for each game.
• Maintain official roster for Florida State League teams.
• Oversee the setup of online broadcasters while coordinating with the Connecticut School of Broadcasting and local broadcasters to schedule the game-day position each month of the Florida State League.
• Work with the team photographer to create a database of all baseball-related photographs, fan shots, and marketing collateral.
• Write feature articles and help produce the Spring Training and Florida State League programs/printed collateral.
• Facilitate interview requests and media credentialing.
• Update the stadium and team websites with game statistics recaps and promotional information on a daily basis.
• Manage the teams and stadium's social media accounts (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) while collecting/editing content.
• Write feature articles for the stadium and team websites on a weekly basis.
• Manage the weekly email newsletter.
• Assist Marketing Coordinator in scheduling national anthem singers/first pitches and pre-game preparations.
• Assist the Sales team with proof of performance and fulfillment on all sponsorships.
• Must be willing to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be willing to cooperate and work well with other areas of the organization.
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe Creative (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc).
• Experience with Daktronics software is a plus.
• Must be willing to complete the internship through mid-September.
• Must be able to interact and work closely with customers and present themselves in a professional manner.
• Must be willing to work both in a team setting and as an individual.
• The ability to multi-task and think critically is a must.
• If outside of Palm Beach County must be willing to commute/relocate.
Must pass a drug test and criminal background check.
Salary: Florida State Minimum Wage
Start Date: January 2023
End Date: September 2023
This job description is intended as a guide to general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.