Grounds Crew Member
Roger Dean Chevrolet StadiumJupiter, FL
Full Time Job
Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium is in Jupiter, Florida, and is the spring training home to the St. Louis Cardinals and Miami Marlins. Opened in 1998, the complex includes a stadium, batting cages, 12 full-size and 2 half-sized baseball fields, and the surrounding landscaped areas. We seek highly qualified, energetic professionals that will assist the Director of Grounds in managing the facility.
The Grounds crew works to prepare and maintain baseball fields, common areas, and facility grounds year-round for games, practices, and special events. Assists with maintaining plants, trees, and shrubs around the facility.
• Assists with dragging base paths, clay repair, and tamping of pitching mounds and home plates.
• Learn to mix clay and assists with resurfacing designated ball field areas.
• Hand water infield areas as needed.
• Assists with setting up fields for batting practice.
• Assists with pulling tarps to cover fields in-climate weather.
• Performs general clean-up of grounds and facilities, including restrooms, dugouts, concourses, parking lots, lakes, and all open use areas.
• Assists with all baseball and non-baseball events and activities set-up and break down.
• Comply with OSHA safety standards in performing all work assignments.
• Perform manual labor, including lifting heavyweight, stooping, bending, digging, and twisting to maintain facility grounds and fields.
• Assists with maintaining turf by mowing, edging, and removing debris.
• Maintains outside landscape of turf, trees, shrubs, walkways, and parking lots.
• Rakes leaves and clean walkways, fields, and other facilities.
• Uses hand tools such as shovels, rakes, and hedge and line trimmers.
• Other duties related to facility maintenance as assigned by the Director of Grounds.
• Field or landscape maintenance experience preferred.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
• Hiring is contingent upon the passing of drug screening and background checks.
Physical Requirements of the job:
• Ability to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 60 lbs. regularly.
• Ability to lift/move items weighing up to 75 lbs. on an occasional basis.
• Ability to use/operate typical grounds keeping hand tools, implements, and power equipment regularly for long periods of time.
• Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Starting at $13.00/Hr
• Health and Dental
• Paid Time Off
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.