Intern - Venue Marketing & Communications
Rockwood Music HallNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
WHO ARE YOU?
Your passion lies in live music and discovering the next big thing. You keep your ear to the underground and local music scenes, and are always telling your friends which band or singer to listen to next.
WHO ARE WE?
A beacon of emerging and established live music acts in New York City since 2005, Rockwood Music Hall boasts three intimate stages, all with top-notch sound systems, and at least one of which is always free to attend. Over the past 15 years, the venue has become one of the most respected names in NYC for finding and booking the next big thing in music. Bands of all genres, both local and international, use Rockwood for their first plays in New York City, and you'll never know who might stop by. Open 7 days/week with nightly free and ticketed concerts.
ABOUT OUR INTERNSHIP
This exciting position offers a unique opportunity to gain real world experience in marketing & communications within the live music world. The internship will also touch on aspects of talent buying and venue management.
Past interns have gone on to work for such event & music companies as Spotify, Superfly, Mom+Pop Records, C3 Presents, LiveNation, Capitol Records & more. The intern will report directly to the venue's Marketing Director.
This position is unpaid. You must be able to provide proof of school credit from an accredited university. This position is available from January through May - exact dates are flexible.
This position is located at the venue in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Remote applications will not be considered.
• Help organize and upkeep Google docs for event marketing and venue marketing
• Determine budgets + curate & execute creative marketing campaigns, and contribute
innovative & actionable ideas
• Create & monitor campaign advertising budgets
• Monitor sales goals & marketing analytics
• Assist with graphics, gifs, and video content to market individual & series events
• Assist with press releases & e-mail blasts to targeted segments
• Update artist Spotify links and playlist weekly
• Research upcoming events to determine proper targeting & messaging voice
• Monitor the venue's social media accounts
• Create social media content and schedules for Rockwood events & assist with social
media paid advertising
• Collect social media statistics
• Other duties, projects, and events as assigned
• Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's/Masters program at an accredited college or university
• Must be 18 years or older and have sophomore standing or above
• Commit to work a minimum of 20 hours or 3 days per week from our Manhattan-based
office, on a part-time basis, plus regularly attend Rockwood events throughout the
• Able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting
• Familiarity with current social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter &
Instagram, as well as, Facebook Business Manager/Ads Manager & modern marketing
• Strong familiarity with Mailchimp
• Proficient in Microsoft software, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of graphic & video design, and photo editing software, particularly the Adobe
Creative Cloud (i.e Photoshop and InDesign)
• Experience with G-Suite, Google Ads & Analytics
• Must be a self-motivated, flexible team player and able to work in a fast-paced &
• Passionate about live music and music discovery. Knowledgeable of its latest trends
• Previous music industry experience a plus.
• Familiarity with Eventbrite on a professional level a plus.
Job Code: Communications Internship - Spring 2020
As an equal opportunity employer, Rockwood Music Hall is committed to creating a diverse work environment for all of our team members. Thanks for your interest!
*** Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online