Partnership Activation: Key Accounts Manager
Rocket Ball, LtdHouston, TX
Full Time Job
The Corporate Partnership Activation Manager works with the Corporate Partnerships team to ensure a positive and rewarding relationship is maintained with their corporate partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Provide partnership expertise in the comprehension of contractual elements and understanding of partners' marketing/business goals, objectives, target audience and competitors
• Manage day-to-day partner activation processes for key partners (naming rights, jersey patch, seven-figure or exclusive category clients, etc.) including: activation planning and approvals, promotional development, media planning, financials, advertising creation and approval, event coordination and results tracking, requiring collaboration across multiple departments
• Take ownership and management of supporting larger department initiatives, i.e. managing yearly partner touch points, or CP liaison to departmental groups including Strategy, Game Ops or Broadcasting within Rockets organization
• Develop sponsorship presentations and supplemental meeting materials (preparing renewal proposals, mid-season and end-of-year recap presentations, meeting agendas, etc.)
• Lead initiatives for all renewal accounts including developing and managing a strategic plan for all assigned renewals incorporating management (i.e. Renewal initiatives to include, but not limited to leading meetings, discussions, negotiations, detailed upsell opportunities, revised partnership elements, revised contracts, etc.)
• Manage budgets and expenses for partners, including assisting in the annual budget planning process
• Manage vendor relationships
• Ability to utilize Demographic Tools and Media Valuation Tools as necessary and requested
• Assist wherever necessary to further market and promote Team and corporate partners.
• Provide unprecedented customer service and superior level of productivity and responsiveness
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 4-6 years' experience in account management
• Must be detail-oriented and organized
• Must be able to meet deadlines and follow through on project outline or strategies
• Must have high level of decision making and accountability
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Communicate (both written & verbal) in a concise and effective manner
• Must be able to compile information via research and probing of accounts to create proposals, presentations, budgets, and for financial or competitive analysis
• Must be able to understand partners' objectives and look for ways to associate with the Team's assets
• Must be able to interact and manage staff and business associates in order to implement events, promotions and other related activities
• Must be able to identify and address issues or problems which may arise during relationship/partnership
• Candidate must have previous experience in client servicing, client relations, promotions, event marketing, agency, media, sponsorship and sales
• Must be customer service and relationship building oriented
• Must demonstrate high standard of excellence
• Proficiency in CRM Systems i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, StoneTimberRiver, KORE, or similar
• Photoshop or Graphic Design experience preferred
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to move about the building and communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.