Rockefeller ProductionsLong Island City, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Touring A1 jobs in Long Island City-NY
Rockefeller Productions is a multi-faceted entertainment company that specializes in high quality family entertainment for the stage, screen, and immersive events for domestic and international markets.
Our productions include beloved characters from iconic properties such as The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Paddington Bear, That Golden Girls Show, Disney's Winnie the Pooh: The New Musical Stage Adaptation, and Pixar Putt along with several major titles in development.
We are seeking a Touring A 1 with at least 2 years' experience for a theatrical US tour launching as soon as Fall 2022. Theatrical touring experience is required. Rockefeller Productions requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
The Touring A 1 reports to the tour's Production Supervisor and Musical Director and manages all audio aspects on the touring production and will serve as the show's audio representative on tour.
The Company consists of 15 members. The performance involves 6 x actors/puppeteers, plus 2 touring swings/puppet wranglers. All performers are on wireless mics. Mix will be on a Midas Console.
This is a non-union contract. Travel will be primarily by bus/van, with potential fly dates, if applicable. The tour's physical production travels with one 53' truck and merchandise. Schedule will shift on a weekly basis depending on rehearsal and performance calendar.
Shared hotel room and daily per diem and provided by the Presenter/Producer.
• Engaging in pre-production preparation, assembly, and testing of any touring audio equipment, in conjunction with the sound designer.
• Attendance at production meetings (in-person, or via Zoom), as required.
• Attendance at rehearsals to observe final rehearsal run(s).
• Creation of an annotated script for mic mixing, and any other required paperwork.
• Hands-on involvement and troubleshooting throughout the tech process.
• All programming, tuning, mixing, and other engineering duties pertaining to the production's live audio elements including 5 x headset microphones (3 of which are double mic'd) and 2 x head-worn microphones active on stage per show. This includes mixing on Midas console for every show
• Supervision of local audio crew throughout load in, shows, and load out, and ensuring the integration of touring audio equipment into each theatre's existing sound system setup.
• Tuning of venue sound systems and touring microphones in each new venue.
• Working with stage management and cast in mic'ing up all active performers prior to performances, and in maintenance of microphones between performances.
• Running thorough sound checks before each show.
• Liaising with production and stage management in dealing with any mic issues during a show, and communication of any audio requirements or notes to be reported back.
• Ensuring the integrity of the sound design, as intended, from venue to venue.
• Overseeing load in and load out of all touring production audio equipment (including truck packing) and assisting stage management with general load in / load out duties as required
• Communicating audio requirements and maintaining batteries and other consumables throughout the tour
• Other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor or Music Director
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Full COVID-19 vaccination and booster required.
• Touring experience required
• Experience mixing on Midas console
• Experience working with, and supervising, local crews under IATSE union regulations preferred
• Valid US Driver's License Required. Available for a shared drive of company van/vehicle if necessary
• Ability and willingness to work varied hours
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be a strong problem-solver, and have the ability to work under time pressures
• Must have experience in mixing live productions.
• Must have a thorough understanding of technical audio, including experience in programming digital consoles.
• Must have experience in tuning/engineering microphones, including strong experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment, particularly in a touring environment
• Must be cheerful, adaptable, and willing to work together with the entire production team in the safe, timely, and faithful delivery of the production.