Director Of Marketing
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & MuseumCleveland, OH
Full Time Job
The nation's foremost music museum, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame seeks a Director of Marketing to join our dynamic team to maximize brand awareness and revenue. The Director collaborates with our internal Marketing, Finance, and Digital Technology teams and external agency partners to mine and utilize customer data to inform customer journey mapping, smart segmentation, effective personalization, and campaign optimization to drive fan engagement and conversion across our owned media ecosystem. The Director will also drive growth and revenue via paid media channels, increasing brand awareness, expanding our audience reach, engaging our fans, and compelling them to visit the Museum, attend physical and virtual events, and to shop our ecommerce and retail stores. Solution-focused and forward thinking, the Director measures performance, shares learnings, and recommends actions to take to continuously optimize campaigns and results, ensuring that teams understand what works and what doesn't work to drive growth.
1. Mine and utilize customer data to generate actionable insights and drive revenue
• Take a lead role in collaborating with our internal Marketing, Finance, and Digital Technology teams and external agency partners to mine and utilize customer data to inform customer journey mapping, smart segmentation, effective personalization, and campaign optimization to drive fan engagement and conversion.
• Work with our data and analyze performance, identify key learnings, and develop and clearly communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and unlock business opportunities.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, and data visualizations to provide stakeholders access to critical metrics and insights that help drive key business decisions.
2. Increase revenue by evaluating, planning, and optimizing paid and owned media
• Lead our owned media ecosystem including our website and SEO initiatives and manage two team members who plan and execute email marketing, social media, and our street team to engage, teach, and inspire our fans, subscribers, followers, and new leads to explore our virtual offerings, visit the museum, attend concerts and events, and shop our retail stores.
• Evaluate current paid media approach, agency partners, and campaign performance; recommend opportunities for improvement; explore new paid media opportunities, determine whether to test and learn, develop new channels as needed to reach, engage, and convert our target audiences.
• Deliver effective creative briefs and requests to in-house creative team to drive development of compelling creative for placement across channels, including paid media.
• Plan and execute campaigns that will build awareness and drive acquisition among identified target audiences, including strong calls to action for our key conversion points.
• Work with agency partners to actively manage and optimize paid media campaigns to exceed performance goals.
3. Analyze and share performance data, key learnings, and customer insights
• Share performance data, key takeaways, and recommendations for action with Marketing & Sales team, senior leadership, and other cross-functional teams on a regular basis.
• Leverage internal and external market research to understand and remain focused on our target audiences.
• Serve as a key resource for day-to-day analytic needs.
Duties include but may not be limited to the above.
Job Requirements and qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or related experience in marketing or digital media
• A minimum of 7-10 years' experience working with owned media, paid media, marketing analytics, and customer data.
• Proven, hands-on experience budgeting, planning, and directing the optimization of high performing paid social, paid search, Google Display Network and other paid media campaigns in alignment with marketing strategy to drive revenue.
• Experience with Google Analytics and data analysis including marketing attribution, customer insights, and leveraging key learnings to improve performance.
• Working knowledge of CRM (Salesforce experience preferred) and ability to partner with an internal Salesforce Architect to mine and utilize customer data to inform customer journey mapping, smart segmentation, effective personalization, and campaign optimization to drive fan engagement and conversion.
• Working knowledge of social media, email, and website audience data that can be utilized to identify lookalikes and expand our audience with those most likely to convert.
• Knowledge of and passion for rock & roll history and music.
• Passion for helping an organization make data-driven marketing decisions
• Excitement about all things digital, including emerging technology and new platforms for reaching audiences and monetizing digital content
• Strong communication and collaboration skills; a team player who works well with others and enjoys partnering across teams to create exciting experiences for fans
• Ability to also work independently while seeking direction and feedback as needed
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Experience managing agency partners; a strong desire to facilitate not only revenue growth but also professional growth and development of our teams with helpful direction, meaningful work, and effective feedback
• High energy and passion for the Museum's mission
• Commitment to follow through and meet deadlines
• Professional, positive, and resourceful attitude; willingness to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and projects at a time; eager to learn and grow
• Approaches others in a positive manner and builds solid long-term relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization
• Ability to successfully pass a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum reference check, background investigation and drug screening
Ability to work up to 40 hours per week including some evenings and weekends. Ability to work additional hours as workload demands, balanced with additional time off. Hours are primarily 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Monday through Friday with the flexibility to work remotely up to two days per week pending varying on-site needs.
The annual salary range for this position is $110,000 - $125,000, commensurate with experience and certifications. The Rock Hall offers a generous benefits package including 4 plan options for health insurance All other benefits are company paid including dental, vision, and life insurance. Other perks include 403b, and yearly paid time off including: 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 3 personal days, 14 paid holidays, and 4 paid volunteer days.
Rock connects us. Our mission is clear: to engage, teach and inspire through the power of rock & roll. We share stories of the people, events and songs that shape our world through digital content, innovative exhibits, live music, and engaging programs. As a unique cultural asset and world-renowned attraction that draws more than a half million people to Cleveland annually, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame generates a significant economic impact to Ohio. The Rock Hall is the world's first museum dedicated to the living, breathing legacy of rock & roll music with an extensive, permanent collection of iconic rock & roll artifacts and robust range of educational programming.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online