Roble Ridge LLCBurbank, CA
Part Time Job
Roble Ridge Productions is seeking an experienced, part-time Production Accountant to join our team. This role will be instrumental in providing accurate cost reporting, evaluating, and budgeting for productions, ensuring adherence to financial policies & procedures.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of accounting for productions (such as music video, commercial or TV). This position will report to the Executive Producer and will work closely with the production team and members of the finance team.
• Provide accurate, complete and timely reporting: cost reports, cash flows, and trial balances
• Provide day-to-day guidance on workflows & enforce accounting procedures
• Collaborate with producers to create production budgets and review contract terms
• Prepare cash flow schedules and funding requests in accordance with deals and schedules
• Handle banking inquiries, production deposits, bank reconciliations and wire transfers
• Manage accounts receivable and payable incl. POs, invoices, checks, expense reports, p-cards, petty cash
• Facilitate onboarding/offboarding of cast and crew and process payroll
• Process any necessary intercompany transactions and billbacks
• Assist in the creation of new production entities and set-up of bank accounts (if applicable)
• Support month end accounting close (incl. accruals, journal entries, and reconciliations)
• Set up new shows in production accounting system (Entertainment Partners SmartAccounting)
• Organize, maintain and archive files
• Keep informed of all union/guild contracts (rates, rules and regulations)
• Research and track available tax incentives, residuals, and royalties
• Prepare, issue, and file annual IRS 1099
• Prepare ad-hoc analysis or reporting as needed
• Show 3+ years of progressive experience accounting for productions within a studio, network, branded agency, production company (digital, commercial, TV, film)
• Thorough understanding of production accounting practices (payroll, labor laws, guilds & unions, accounts payable, vendor set-up, cost tracking & reporting, cash flow schedules, disbursements, reconciliation, reforecasts, audits, insurance, contractual obligations, tax incentives, royalties, residuals etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• Proficient in Excel and experience with QuickBooks, SmartAccounting and or MediaWeb
• Other Skills (helpful, not required): SmartStart, SmartTime, Movie Magic Budgeting, Movie Magic Scheduling, Airtable, Salesforce, Gmail, Google Docs
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized, proactive, and high adaptability
• Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Highly reliable, punctual, personable, team player, with curiosity and drive
• Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills
Why choose Roble Ridge?
We are a fast growing, high performing company. You'll be joining a team that has built a hard-earned reputation for creativity, quality, and talent. Our clients are some of the most exciting names in entertainment. Why would you choose Roble Ridge over a major studio? You're ambitious and want the opportunity to make an impact and be recognized for it-you will be a key player, not just another cog. Bottom line: we are passionate about our work. We value development. We help our employees develop the skills to grow in their roles. You'll need to be great to get hired here, and you'll get even better once you're here.
Job Code: Production Accountant application
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online