Manager, Membership & Growth
Robb ReportLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Robb Report is the global voice of luxury. Reporting on exceptional products, services and experiences for the affluent consumer, Robb Report leverages print, digital and social channels as well as custom event experiences to promote an extraordinary life well-lived.
Robb Report is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to engage with ultra-high-net-worth individuals and welcome them to join our private membership community, RR1. This individual will seek to engage with thrill seekers and those who would find excitement in attending Robb Report’s curated luxury travel experiences such as our annual Car of the Year, Dream Machines and Culinary Masters events. Our experiential offerings also include Tailored Travel experiences to places such as Antarctica, Europe and Africa.
In this highly visible role, the Manager, Marketing & Membership will cultivate and source new RR1 members, secure attendee ticket sales, manage client databases and surveys, design and develop marketing and promotional communications and collateral; and attend events to drive sales and conversion of non-member attendees into members.
RR1 is a private exclusive membership community with the focused intent of bringing the Robb Report brand to life. A hand-selected group of respected Robb Report readers are invited to join RR1 to make up a powerful community of like-minded individuals who share a uniquely singular connection: a never-ending quest for the best of the best.
• Develop and implement consumer marketing and promotions strategy to attract ultra-high-net worth individuals to join the exclusive RR1 membership community
• Secure revenue to meet annual goals through attendee ticket sales with the current RR1 member community (1,800 members) as well as the wider Robb Report audience/new members
• Develop and oversee RR1 membership engagement and retention strategy while enhancing the current RR1 membership model showcasing the access and value members receive; determine and build future model and membership growth plan
• Develop content, manage and oversee design and execute all marketing communications, correspondence and marketing/PR collateral to support Live Media experiences and RR1 membership (including RR1 social media and custom content programming)
• Help lead positioning of new Robb Report branded and licensed products to our members, broader audience and prospective customers while defining potential brand extensions and partnerships that will elevate members experiences with Robb Report
• Oversee and develop membership survey data model post events, and on an annual basis, to assist in the growth and efficiency of the RR1 membership community while providing metrics/statistics/member behaviors, desires, trends to our brand sponsors
• Minimum 4-5 years of experience in luxury marketing and live events, with particular focus in membership growth, customer acquisition, sales and high-touch consumer marketing
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Typical wage range: $75k - $85k annual discretionary bonus
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Robb Report:
Robb Report is the leading voice in the global luxury market. Its discerning audience around the world has a shared appreciation and desire for quality, exclusivity, heritage, taste, and fine design. Covering sports and luxury automobiles, yachts, real estate, travel, private aircraft, fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art, design, wine and spirits, state-of-the-art home electronics and much more, it’s the brand the most successful people rely on to discover the ideas, opinions, products and experiences that will matter most to them. Robb Report is synonymous with affluence, luxury, and the best of the best.
Founded in 1902, ARTnews is the oldest and most respected art magazine in the world. Its global readership includes collectors, dealers, historians, artists, museum directors, curators, connoisseurs, and enthusiasts. The publication exists primarily online, with one print issue per year: our authoritative Top 200 Collectors issue. ARTnews reports on the art, people, issues, trends, and events shaping the global art world. Artnews.com also encompasses a vertical for Art in America magazine. Published eight times per year, Art in America, in print since 1913, publishes groundbreaking critical insights about contemporary art and culture. Each issue features exhibition reviews, interviews with leading artists, and in-depth essays by critics, curators, and scholars at the forefront of their fields.
About Penske Media Corporation
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.