Director, Marketing and Membership Growth
Robb ReportLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Robb Report: Director, Marketing and Membership Growth
Robb Report is the global voice of luxury. Reporting on exceptional products, services and experiences for the affluent consumer, Robb Report leverages print, digital and social channels as well as custom event experiences to promote an extraordinary life. The Director, Membership & Strategy for Robb Report will be responsible for RR1 membership acquisition, development, retention and tickets sales for curated Live Media events and consumer marketing across the globe. The RR1 membership community provides extraordinary access to once-in-a-lifetime experiences, unparalleled events, and thought-provoking conversations with luxury leaders and tastemakers.
RR1 is a private exclusive membership community with the focused intent of bringing the pages of Robb Report to life. A hand-selected group of respected Robb Report readers are invited to join RR1 to make up a powerful community of like-minded individuals who share a uniquely singular connection: a never-ending quest for the best of the best.
Robb Report’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003 by Jay Penske.
• Develop and implement consumer marketing strategy to effectively position RR1 Membership, Live Media experiences, and new Robb Report product extensions (with RR1 members, the Robb Report audience and other prospective clients) with the ultimate goal of generating membership growth, live media ticket sales and new revenue.
• Identify and implement a membership (outreach) strategy to engage with current members, secure new member prospects (across various channels) with the goal of securing revenue with current (active) members, stimulating sales with inactive members and to attract new members
• Develop and oversee new RR1 membership acquisition and retention strategy while enhancing the current RR1 membership model that clearly showcases the value of being a member and determine future model and growth plan
• Actively market Live Media events to the RR1 community and secure ticket sales for Live Media custom curated events and experiences including Signature Events, Tailored Travel and bespoke experiences
• Help lead positioning of new Robb Report branded and licensed products to our members, broader audience and prospective customers.
• Work towards meeting quarterly ticket revenue and sponsorship targets and e-commerce sales.
• Develop the content, manage, oversee design and execute all communications, correspondence and marketing collateral to support RR1 Live Media including, but not limited to annual RR1 event calendar, individual events, program supplements, eNews digital marketing campaigns, RR1.com website development, print and banner ads, invitations
• Define potential brand extensions and partnerships that will ultimately elevate RR1 members and Robb Report’s Live Events attendees.
• Work with sales, marketing and events team to develop custom content programming through strategic partnerships
• Support, provide recommendations and ideate across various brand integrations/elevations with the integrated marketing team to support sales team marketing proposals
• Collaborate with editorial team to amplify Live Media experiences across print, digital and social
• Collaborate with Penske Media Corporation PR team to generate awareness for Live Media experiences and establish in-market messaging across a variety of relevant media outlets
• Manage RR1 Social Media content development and strategy while aligning with edit on execution strategy
• Consider and develop potential paid media strategies outside of the Penske Media Corporation offerings to promote events to local in-market activations
• Develop and highlight key charitable giving moments which in turn generate brand and event awareness
• Oversee and develop membership survey data model post events, and on an annual basis, to assist in the growth and efficiency of the RR1 membership community while providing metrics/statistics/member behaviors, desires, trends to our brand sponsors
• General administrative duties for RR1, manage all recordkeeping within Salesforce and communications with members
• Minimum 5-7 years experience in luxury marketing and live events, with particular focus in membership growth, customer acquisition and high-tough consumer marketing
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Outstanding language and communication skills
• Experience in luxury marketplace or with UHNW individuals
• Professional yet appropriately friendly demeanor with high-touch membership
• Exceptional writing skills
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Robb Report:
Robb Report is the leading voice in the global luxury market. Its discerning audience around the world has a shared appreciation and desire for quality, exclusivity, heritage, taste, and fine design. Covering sports and luxury automobiles, yachts, real estate, travel, private aircraft, fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art, design, wine and spirits, state-of-the-art home electronics and much more, it’s the brand the most successful people rely on to discover the ideas, opinions, products and experiences that will matter most to them. Robb Report is synonymous with affluence, luxury, and the best of the best.
Founded in 1902, ARTnews is the oldest and most respected art magazine in the world. Its global readership includes collectors, dealers, historians, artists, museum directors, curators, connoisseurs, and enthusiasts. The publication exists primarily online, with one print issue per year: our authoritative Top 200 Collectors issue. ARTnews reports on the art, people, issues, trends, and events shaping the global art world. Artnews.com also encompasses a vertical for Art in America magazine. Published eight times per year, Art in America, in print since 1913, publishes groundbreaking critical insights about contemporary art and culture. Each issue features exhibition reviews, interviews with leading artists, and in-depth essays by critics, curators, and scholars at the forefront of their fields.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.