Director, Business Development
Robb ReportNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/24/2023 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Director, Business Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Business Development postings
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corporation, whose award-winning content across more than 23 media brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is looking for a talented and results-oriented Director/Senior Director, Business Development to join our Robb Report team in NYC. Robb Report is the global voice of luxury. Reporting on exceptional products, services and experiences for the affluent consumer, Robb Report leverages print, digital and social channels as well as custom event experiences to promote an extraordinary life well-lived.
This role will report directly into the President of Robb Report and will proactively identify and execute new e-commerce, content licensing, and social platform deals and work collaboratively with internal/external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes. Specifically, this role will spearhead the development and launch of a new, ultra-exclusive e-commerce platform. This role will work directly with Robb Report's President and Editor-in-Chief to build out and expand this new platform.
• Source, structure, negotiate and execute new e-commerce, licensing, distribution, and social platform deals that drive incremental revenue and traffic for Robb Report.
• Own independent deal pipeline and provide regular updates to k ey exec stakeholders
• Support existing strategic revenue partnerships across our major partner platforms in areas including but not limited to content syndication, video distribution, e-commerce, and social
• Analyze partner performance, maximize partner revenue generation, and ensure sustainable high-impact results
• Devise and test new revenue models with the aim of further diversifying revenue streams; will also keep a pulse on the changing media industry and feed knowledge back to exec team
• Work collaboratively across editorial, sales, marketing and live events teams.
• 5-7 years' minimum experience in digital media business development or a similar role preferably at a Media/Entertainment company, social platform or start-up
• Ability to expertly review/redline contracts and work autonomously with Legal to get deals across the finish line
• Deep understanding and comfort with industry revenue models including but not limited to syndication, licensing, e-commerce, social platforms, and more
• Demonstrated success in developing new revenue streams via creative deal-making and partnerships
• Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with high attention to detail
• A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
• Adept at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
Typical wage range: $100k - $115k.
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, effective for this role July 1, 2023, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Robb Report:
Robb Report is the leading voice in global luxury. The award-winning magazine showcases the ideas, opinions, products, and experiences that are shaping the industry, and provides a sophisticated, affluent readership with detailed insight into fine design, quality, and heritage as well as ground-breaking new developments in tech and manufacture. Covering automobiles, yachts, real estate, private jets, style, watches, art, spirits, food, wine and more, robbreport.com builds on that mission with a robust portfolio of daily online news and features. The site, which has grown 400% in the last two years, attracts more than 6 million readers a month, speaking to both established and aspiring connoisseurs who seek the best out of life.
About ARTnews and Art in America:
Founded in 1902, ARTnews is the oldest and most respected art magazine in the world. Its global readership includes collectors, dealers, historians, artists, museum directors, curators, connoisseurs, and enthusiasts. The publication exists primarily online, with one print issue per year: our authoritative Top 200 Collectors issue. ARTnews reports on the art, people, issues, trends, and events shaping the global art world. Artnews.com also encompasses a vertical for Art in America magazine. Published eight times per year, Art in America, in print since 1913, publishes groundbreaking critical insights about contemporary art and culture. Each issue features exhibition reviews, interviews with leading artists, and in-depth essays by critics, curators, and scholars at the forefront of their fields.
About Penske Media Corporation??
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good www.pmc.com .