Revolt Media & TVLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Junior Editor (Editorial)
Digital Jr. Editor - Freelance
REVOLT is focused on expertly curating the best in hip hop culture and engaging youth in social conversation – on-air, on-line, on-demand. This unapologetically hip hop, multi-platform network offers breaking original programming, music news, videos, artist interviews, and exclusive performances.
REVOLT is looking for a Jr Editor who will report to and assist the Associate Managing Editor in driving the editorial voice of REVOLT as the leading authority in Hip Hop culture.
What You'll be Doing:
• Support Associate Managing Editor with all day-to-day activities to commission articles from a network of freelance writers
• Write original pieces when necessary
• Generate story ideas and coordinate content ideas with Associate Managing Editor, staff, and freelancers
• Focus on stories being optimized with best practices from search to image optimization to help drive traffic to our site
• Support traffic goals against our website, as well as publishing activity numbers
• Help drive the voice of REVOLT by maintaining editorial calendar and managing copy which ensures that REVOLT is performing as a best in class publisher
• Work closely with the Product, Sales, Social, Linear and Digital teams to support editorial requests and overall business goals
• Work closely with Product team to drive innovations such as long form interactive storytelling to branded content.
• Partner with Product analytics/measurement team to manage all online/mobile traffic and analytical requests and implement Content Strategy initiatives across multiple platforms
• ?Meet/ exceed established multi-platform growth goals including fan engagement and content consumption metrics and publishing activity volume
• Drive ''digital-first'' content creation specific to our various web, mobile and social platforms.
Who You Are:
• 1-3 years' experience as an editor at a notable publication or high-volume website covering news and Hip Hop culture
• Demonstrates good news sense, a drive for breaking stories, a fearless approach to journalism and a sense of humor
• Stays current with trending current events, Hip Hop culture, and industry publishing trends with
• Experience with all social media platforms, CMS, and Photoshop
• Knowledge of AP Style and data driven editorial tools like Parse.ly, Omniture, Google Analytics
• Passionate about Hip Hop culture
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
• Applied understanding of how to use visual and audio journalism, digital video, and social media to enhance storytelling
• Must be detail-oriented and organized
• Able to multitask, perform well under pressure, and a problem-solver
• Occasional late nights or weekend overtime required