Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
Resurgence Media GroupStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
Resurgence Media Group, LLC (''RMG'') seeks a transactional entertainment attorney for its business and legal affairs department. The title of the position is ''COUNSEL, BUSINESS & LEGAL AFFAIRS.''
The primary responsibilities of the position are as follows:
A. Negotiating and drafting distribution and license agreements for exploitation in all media, including linear network television, VOD streaming platforms, theatrical and physical home video;
B. Servicing the day-to-day affairs of RMG's Library Partners, which includes negotiating and drafting Sales Agency Agreements and Collection Account Agreements;
C. Preparing reports on, and analyzing, RMG's chain-of-title to the films in its library;
D. Drafting a variety of other documents, including theatrical screening agreements, clip license agreements, master license agreements for pass-through entities, assignments, option/purchase agreements, NDAs and the like as needed; and
E. Enforcing RMG's, and its Library Partner's, copyrights by discovering infringing exploitations, drafting cease and desist letters, or breach of contract notices, and managing any ensuing litigation, arbitration, or settlement negotiations.
This position will report directly to RMG's CEO, who is a senior attorney with over 20 years of transactional entertainment experience. As Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs, you be an integral member of a small team based in Studio City that, working together, also maintains a rights management database using FilmTrack software, aggressively collects passive participations from its distribution partners and attends most of the major film market events, including Cannes Film Festival, Berlin (EFM), MIPCOM, MIPTV, NATPE, AFM, Toronto and LA screenings.
The ideal candidate will possess some, or all, of the following qualifications and skills:
1. JD Degree and admission to the California bar;
2. Minimum of 2 years of transactional experience, preferably should be in the entertainment industry;
3. Experience with the IFTA International Multiple Rights Distribution Agreement;
4. Have a good understanding of copyright law and secured transactions;
5. Be a self-starter with excellent problem-solving, negotiating, analytical and organizational skills;
6. Knowledge of Filmtrack rights management database software and DocuSign is helpful, but not required; and
7. Detail oriented and capable of delivering high quality work product in a fast-paced environment.
This position is full time.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Benefits Provided: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance/401K Plan/ paid vacation.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online