Intern - Copyright
Reservoir Media ManagementNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Position: Copyright Internship
Term: Fall 2019
Location: Soho/Tribeca, New York, NY
The Copyright internship will provide meaningful and educational real-world experience within the scope of an independent music publishing company. Reservoir's objective in hosting all interns is to provide valuable preparation for a professional career in the entertainment industry.
Reservoir's internship program is part time, unpaid, and students may earn college credit upon completion of the internship.
Copyright Internship Rotation:
Copyright interns will rotate through the following areas, including, but not limited to:
• Researching songs, composers, and publishers in PRO/CMO databases
• Assisting in onboarding new clients to Reservoir's Music Maestro system as well as entering new song and recording data for existing clients into Music Maestro
• Tracking client's live performances and set lists to submit to PROs
• Importing registration Acknowledge files from PROs and isolate and report on any errored registrations
• Assisting in contract analysis and counterclaim resolution processes.
• Gaining a full knowledge of the relationship between publishers and writers and the different types of publishing deals
Copyright intern candidates must have experience using Microsoft Excel. Candidates must be undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a music business, finance, accounting or related program. A desire to work in the music industry, great attitude, eagerness to learn, and willingness to take initiative are essential. Attractive candidates will also be highly organized with great interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive on a small team. Dependability, commitment, and professional demeanor are highly important. Counterpoint Music Maestro knowledge a plus.
Samantha Seligman Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online