Remarkable LLCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The company is creating a venue in midtown Manhattan that integrates nightlife, variety entertainment, and immersive theatre. The Assistant Producer's primary role is to support the Producer with the Venue's build out and establishing operations.
The Assistant Producer will assist with and work on varying aspects of the business operations of the venue and the implementation of various content, including but not limited to finances, human resources, facilities, operations, creative management, and information technology. At present the Company anticipates this role will require a commitment of more than forty hours per week, including nights and weekends when required.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Producer across the entire project and with all departments to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Maintain and update production calendars, expense reports, and other documents.
- Manage and maintain stocks of all necessary supplies and equipment.
- Assist in negotiating contracts of various production staff on the specific projects.
- Maintain relationships with key production vendors to create cost and workflow efficiencies that could benefit the production.
- Ensure proper accounting recording, manage systems for accounting on site, and ensure established rules are followed at all times.
- Assist and support on human resources for shows through administration of payroll, benefits, personnel management, employee orientation, and the ongoing development of policies and the employee handbook as related to the productions.
- Support the recruitment and selection process for open positions at the location.
- Ensure proper use of the brand guidelines.
- Support and foster an environment to provide a positive experience for guests and promote a great workplace for team members.
- Be present at various locations to assist or directly manage work crews, rehearsals, site visits, special events, rental clients, etc.
- 3 to 5 years similar work experience
- Project and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and to communicate easily
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Willingness to tackle any task, big or small, to get the work done
- Solid knowledge of Google Suite, especially Sheets
- Experience in Asana & Slack is beneficial, but not required
- A Bachelor's degree in theatre production, stage management, or similar degree. Or an appropriate combination of education and applicable work experience
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in performing arts administration are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status. This is an Exempt position according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Competitive salary and benefits
Remarkable Entertainment is a leading immersive production company based in New York, NY that develops and creates innovative entertainment projects rooted in big ideas and guided by the principle that the only sin is boring the audience. Our projects span a wide variety of genres including theatre, circus, magic, and variety and strike what is elementally human in our audiences.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online