Virtual Production Operator
Reel FX Creative StudiosMontreal, QC
This was removed by the employer on 8/29/2022 7:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Virtual Production Operator jobs in Montreal-QC
Search all Virtual Production Operator postings
Full Time Job
Working under supervision of the Virtual Production Supervisor, the Virtual Production Operator's main responsibility is operating computer software and hardware live on motion capture and virtual camera shoots in order to design the best shots possible for the 3D storyboard and layout process. Working with the Real-time team, they collaborate with numerous other artists and departments - including the Director and Cinematographer - to craft the best shots and story, from digital laWorking under supervision of the Virtual Production Supervisor, the Virtual Production Operator's main responsibility is operating computer software and hardware live on motion capture and virtual camera shoots in order to design the best shots possible for the 3D storyboard and layout process. Working with the Real-time team, they collaborate with numerous other artists and departments - including the Director and Cinematographer - to craft the best shots and story, from digital layout to lighting design and set design. They are an avid storyteller who is quick on their feet, good with design, good at problem-solving under pressure, and has a very strong aptitude for learning and using technology.yout to lighting design and set design. They are an avid storyteller who is quick on their feet, good with design, good at problem-solving under pressure, and has a very strong aptitude for learning and using technology
• Collaborate live with the stage team on motion capture shoots by operating Unreal Engine to create and visualize character and camera motion, lighting design and set design choices.
• Collaborate live with the Director and Cinematographer by operating the virtual camera software and hardware on virtual camera shoots, including design and capture of shots for the 3D storyboard process.
• Collaborate with the Layout team, Director, Editor, and Cinematographer to design layouts including animation, lighting and set composition in Unreal Engine's Sequencer.
• Ensure layouts are prepared for virtual camera shoots, including building scene hierarchies for easy operation, and optimization of environments.
• Maintain good working order of all relevant hardware and software, ensuring they are fully operational and ready for current and future shoots
• Quickly solve creative camera, motion capture, and layout requests using technical and creative problem-solving skills in a live environment.
• Actively communicate with the team and their supervisor to ensure the 3D storyboard process runs smoothly, communicating any issues and solutions in a constructive and collaborative way.
• Actively workshop problems and solutions on set with the team to create the best stories possible.
• Actively communicate with the Technology team as any issues or developments arise, collaborating with them in finding and testing solutions and tools.
• Maintain a stellar level of communication and collaborative problem-solving skills in high-pressure environments, and not afraid to ask for help as needed.
• Remain current and up-to-date in animation, virtual production, film and game-engine technology.
• Maintain high-quality standards for themselves and team members in everything they do.
• Practice a high level of communication, candor, and honesty with all team members.
• Practice open and honest critiques of their work and others in a constructive and collaborative manner in order to help the team grow and improve.
• Maintain a healthy work-life balance for the betterment of self and team.
• Actively seek opportunities to both learn and teach for the betterment of the team and projects.
• Maintain a high standard of ethics and morality, supporting themselves and others in everything they do.
• Degree/diploma in design, animation, film or equivalent experience.
• Thorough knowledge of Unreal Engine including Sequencer, scene hierarchies and blueprinting.
• Thorough knowledge of Virtual Production technologies and workflows, including virtual cameras and motion capture.
• Demonstrable understanding of design fundamentals, animation fundamentals, lighting design and set design.
• Demonstrable creative and technical understanding of camera lensing, composition and movement.
• Demonstrable creative and technical understanding of lighting fundamentals.
• Demonstrable ability for stellar communication with team members while working directly with others in high pressure and high intensity environments.
• On-set production experience, an asset.
• Blueprinting experience in Unreal Engine, an asset.
• Proven ability to quickly ideate, communicate and execute on creative and technical solutions on-set.
• A creative and collaborative problem solver who is organized and proactive.
• Demonstrable ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Able to thrive in high-pressure environments.
• Thrive working directly with others.