Sales Executive - Trade Show Sales
Full Time Job
WHAT'S EXCITING ABOUT THIS JOB?
The Sales Executive for IHIS will be joining a highly experienced team with deep knowledge and experience on the NHS show. Working on this brand new event, you will prospect for new business and provide new opportunities to existing NHS accounts. You will sell not only booth space, but promotional opportunities and digital products to help customers showcase their brand and exceed their goals for the show. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced B2B salesperson who is able to manage a large customer base, is highly consultative and skilled prospecting new business. Excellent opportunities to travel and attend shows in major cities across the US.
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
The Sales Executive is responsible for achieving exhibit space sales goals through prospecting and driving new business. You should be excited by prospecting for new business and calling on new prospects to build the show and add to the diversity of our customer base.
Will work closely with Event Management to develop selling strategy aimed at augmenting and cultivating an assigned territory of prospects and potential customers. Work with Event Management and Partner on an ongoing basis to identify new segments, territories, and opportunities that fit into the overall event strategy and drive continued product development. Regularly provide Management with forecasts against the sales strategy and budget. Continue to drive Media Sales opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with Sales Management to develop individual selling strategy designed to generate pipeline of prospects and ultimately drive sales to ensure 100% attainment of sales target for booth and media sales.
• Achieve productivity standards and adhere to all selling process best practices and standards including - inputting accurate and complete data, managing territory, daily output goals, weekly strike rates, assigned budgets, etc.
• Proactively monitor industry trends, competitive environment, climate, players, distribution and issues to make recommendations regarding sales strategy on specific events
• Sell at competitive shows and prepare competitive show analysis and reports in an accurate and timely manner, including recommended actions necessary to increase sales from these leads
• Manage and broaden Exhibitor Prospect Lists and generate targeted lists to increase the probability of sales
• Utilize all internal tools to create a more effective and efficient selling environment
• Forecast revenue projections
• Oversee the attainment of signed contracts and ensure that payments for all space reservations are made in full and sent to the lockbox on time
• Participate in training programs and role plays
• THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
• Enjoy cold calling and prospecting for new business
• Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Be a solution based thinker with a love for executing the details
• Have the ability to manage to and meet tight deadlines
• Be a team player
• Be highly organized
• Demonstrate self-confidence
• Knowledge of Hardware and related industries a plus
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLSETS:
Knowledge and Skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to communicate in a professional manner
• Knowledge of sales, particularly telephone sales techniques
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to quickly learn and utilize sales data systems
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Strong problem solving skills with a solution based mindset
• Demonstrates personal motivation
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel (advanced knowledge preferred), Word and Power Point
Two or more years prior sales experience required;
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Reed Exhibition Companies reserves the right, solely at their discretion, to change the nature and level of this position
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.
WHO WE ARE:
Reed Exhibitions is the leading organizer of trade shows and world class events. Whether we're helping businesses grow and promote their brand or delighting fans at our pop culture and consumer based shows, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences that consistently exceed our customers' expectations.
How do we do it? We innovate. Out of the box ideas are welcome here. We embrace creativity and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that keeps us growing and evolving. We collaborate. We put we before me and the customer above all. If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging, friendly and fun environment where no two days are ever the same, we'd like to meet you!
ABOUT The Independent Home Improvement Show:
The Independent Home Improvement Show (IHIS) is the newest addition to the long standing (74 years) National Hardware Show Brand. The IHIS show launch will be an event dedicated to the independent retailer. Independent retailers make up more than half the purchasing power in the hardware and home improvement industry and collectively represent over 35,000 store fronts. By offering an event dedicated to this channel, manufacturers will have the opportunity to meet, discuss, and solidify new relationships with the independent retailers while showcasing their latest products and services to the industry.