Full Time Job
Event Manager - New York Comic Con & C2e2
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
New York Comic Con and C2E2 are two of the largest and most influential pop culture conventions in the entire world! As our Event Manager, you'll be managing the success and growth of these two incredible events as well as making hundreds of thousands of fans very happy. What could be cooler than that?
This role is perfect for a hard-working, ambitious and talented individual with experience in consumer events and an ability to manage multiple challenges as well as demanding stake holders in a fast-paced but rewarding work environment. We are looking for a sharp, detail oriented hustler that is willing to be completely immersed in the pop culture industry in order to identify trends that will drive ticket sales, sponsorship opportunities, media exposure and exciting new experiences for our fans.
The NYCC/C2E2 Event Manager will collaborate daily with the Event Director and our show teams on the individual show revenue goals, operating budgets, fan experience plans, sales pipeline and direct management for both shows. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of customer focused leadership in events and live environments, either successfully creating large scale branded experiences or growing existing event portfolios. In this role you will contribute to the overall direction of our shows, develop new business opportunities within the pop culture industry, forge strong relationships with industry influencers and create unique experiences that fans will be excited about while also achieving our strategic and financial goals. A high level of emotional intelligence, operational excellence and organizational awareness is critical to success in this role.
You should enjoy collaborating with diverse teams of both direct and indirect reports while always demonstrating a strong, calm, solution-based leadership style. You must see the value of data and always use customer and commercial insights to develop new services and solutions, drive sales opportunities and create show features based on customer feedback. We want someone with the ability to foster meaningful relationships inside and outside of the office while always being a positive, collaborative and adaptable problem solver that likes to have fun!
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• Plan, execute and deliver the best possible experiences for our fans and exhibitors while balancing that with the financial needs of the business
• Work with the Event Director to manage the full P&L for your show portfolio including tracking, forecasting and internal reporting
• Identify new exhibitors, new content and new pop culture trends and opportunities
• Develop a long term vision and operational plan for the onsite fan experience
• Ensure each of your events demonstrates what it means to be a pop culture event, positioning each brand correctly both internally and externally for future growth
• Act as a collaborative entrepreneur that explores new business opportunities by collecting information and leveraging insights to develop a clear understanding of our customers' needs and objectives
• Direct sales, marketing and operational strategies in order to deliver a world class experience for our fans while also driving higher revenue and profits
• Craft and develop ongoing retention strategies, new sales tools and innovative programs that will drive annual increases in overall audience and exhibitor retention
• Create a ''one team'' approach through daily collaboration with our internal marketing, sales, operations, talent and content teams as well as with our external agencies and partners, both domestically and internationally
• Be innovative in your approach and always think about what new tools, ideas and solutions will authentically appeal to our audiences and improve their experience
• Maintain an eye for detail on all activations big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines and drive awareness
• College degree or equivalent business training or experience preferred
• Significant experience in managing live events with a proven track record of delivering large scale, commercially successful, consumer driven events and activations
• Ability to work outside of traditional work day hours when needed
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong sense of ownership and a true passion for pop culture, fan communities and our brands
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• We are looking for a creative thinker and a problem solver – someone who can deliver innovative ideas to grow our business and also be capable of executing them
• Resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We want an empathetic, positive and humble leader that will truly care about our teams, customers and fans
• Strong conceptual planning, creative vision, production and innovation skills
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture
• Able to adjust and thrive within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules
• Must be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes
• Professional level knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Some travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year