Account Executive - Digital & Experiential
Full Time Job
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
ReedPOP ACTIVATE is a specialized unit within ReedPOP that conceptualizes, monetizes and creates branded experiences and original content that resonate within pop culture on a global level while also delivering authentic engagement with our passionate fans. Our goal is to build lasting, direct, intimate engagement between brands and highly influential fans from around the world. The Account Executive will primarily focus on the acquisition of new customers and the retention of existing customers. You will be responsible for achieving specific sales goals through the management of an assigned territory and an associated list of accounts. This role will work closely with the Sponsorship Director to develop bespoke activations, partnership opportunities and innovative selling strategies. This role is very entrepreneurial in nature and is attached to one of the fastest growing segments of our business. What could be cooler than that?
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• We want you to be a creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Must possess the ability to follow through the entire sales cycle with a high attention to detail
• Ability to effectively sell and present face to face with all levels of prospects from coordinator up to C level
• Proactively monitor the latest industry trends, competitive environment, sponsorship climate, the big players and main issues in order to make educated recommendations regarding our sales strategy for specific events
• Work with the ReedPOP ACTIVATE team and senior management to develop ongoing retention strategies, new sales tools and innovate programs that will drive annual increases in overall event retention for your assigned territory
• Create and cultivate a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with event management, marketing, content, and operations
• Ability to manage a sales pipeline, effectively manage up and across the internal organization and aggressively close business
• Ability to understand and sell multiple products across multiple events
• Have an ownership mentality and operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
• Successfully adhere to all productivity standards and utilize the latest best practices and standards including inputting accurate and complete data, managing your territory, hitting daily output goals, weekly strike rates and managing your assigned budgets
• Personally secure all signed contracts and ensure that payments for all space reservations and sponsorships are made in full and sent in on time
• Identify and grow new opportunities within your territory and collaborate with the show teams as well as the ReedPOP ACTIVATE team to ensure and cultivate new growth
• Be innovative in your approach and always think about what will authentically appeal to the audience while also delivering the results that your clients are looking for
• Must maintain an eye for detail on all activations big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines and drive awareness
• Approximately 50% inside / 50% outside sales
• Focus on the retention of all current and previously lapsed exhibiting customers in your territory
• College degree in a relevant field or equivalent business training or experience
• 4 years of prior sales experience preferred
• Experience in sponsorship and/or media sales in the entertainment, sports or pop culture industries required
• Strong copy writing skills are required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Event industry experience preferred
• Experience in delivering client-focused solutions that will resonate with core audiences
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence at all organizational levels including executive and C-level
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• A true passion for pop culture and our fans
• Domestic and possibly international travel is required.