Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Technical Artist jobs in Shanghai-SH
Search all Technical Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Artist? Art asset creation:
Max and Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Designer, Marvelous Designer, NDO and DDO, Handplane, X-Normal.
Tracking and version control:
Perforce, Jira, Hansoft, Shotgun.
Unreal, Unity, CryEngine.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and update the latest game production technology.
- Target and address any art-related technical issues.
- Maintain and update game engines provided by the clients, and support in training the artists.
- Maintain and improve the production pipeline and content library.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Ability to work with technical documentation.
- Working knowledge of at least one 3D DCC tool (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, Houdini, Speedtree, etc.)
- Knowledge of high level coding language. (Python, MaxScript/Mel, Maya API plungin, Perl, C#, etc.)
- Ability to create technical documentation on production pipeline and art contents.
- Experience with commercial game engine.
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Expert in Marvelous Designer or Substance Designer is an advantage.
- Self-motivated and proactive to address technical challenges.
- Teamwork is required.
RedHot was founded in 2010 by veterans from the US and Chinese video game outsourcing industries, which has enabled us to run as lean as possible, while still offering a robust array of services, all without sacrificing quality or security. Over the years we have grown from a small core team, to a company hundreds strong, spread across multiple locations in China and one in Southeast Asia.
RedHot is providing services from concept art, to 3D character and asset creation, to animation, engine integration, and marketing materials - our industry proven production pipeline is well integrated, efficient, and reliable. Our team is experienced in all major industry standard software tools. We employ the same robust security standards used across the Keywords organization, which enables our clients to trust us with their proprietary engines and tools.