Red Apple MediaNew York, NY
Part Time Job
Red Apple Media is always on the lookout for outstanding radio talent for the legendary 77 Talk Radio WABC (New York) and Talk Radio 107.1 WLIR-FM (Hampton Bays). The ideal candidate has an understanding of what drives engaging talk content, is articulate, easily connects with the audience and is driven to succeed in a major market. This is not an entry level position. A minimum of three years' on-air experience with proven ratings success in the news-talk format is required.
• Execute a live on-air show that is topical, informative and entertaining
• Excellent interview skills with the ability to moderate discussion with callers or panel of experts
• Reinforce program identity and station brand at all times
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations and the ability to work within their scope and in compliance with all station policies and procedures
• Generate daily social media, video and website content that is creative and innovative
• Produce weekly podcast
• Make personal appearances at station, community and sales events and at remote broadcasts that are sometimes outside of the normal work schedule
• Passion for the news / talk format
• Excellent on-air speaking voice
• Deep knowledge of news, politics, and current affairs
• Ability to prep and curate a talk show
• Articulate conversationalist with the ability to keep listeners engaged across platforms
• Ability to think spontaneously and ad-lib while on-the-air or at appearances
• Ability to read fluently or ad-lib commercial copy
• Dependable with the ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed or required
• Minimum of three years' on-air experience with proven ratings success in the news-talk format
• Degree in Communications or Journalism preferred
Red Apple Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online