Advertising Sales Representative
Red Apple MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Advertising Sales Representatives, sometimes called Account Executives, are responsible for identifying potential clients and developing new businesses through networking and cold calling. When meeting with a potential client, the sales representative presents information about all of the advertising services offered and how it can help grow the potential client's business. Other duties include preparing media kits / sales presentations, negotiating and closing deals, entering sales orders, writing commercial copy, preparing reports and following up with clients and potential clients.
WLIR-FM is seeking highly competitive and motivated recent college graduates and recognized top advertising sales performers with three to five years sales experience to join our team.
• Top performer with a track record of over-achieving goals
• Superb interpersonal, communication and listening skills with the ability to build relationships
• Highly competitive, resourceful and able to overcome challenges
• Ability to speak persuasively in a one-on-one or group setting
• Familiar with advertising / marketing principals, the media landscape and emerging technologies
• Appreciation for process, performance measurement and a results-oriented sales approach
• Ability to prospect new clientele by networking, cold calling, canvassing or referrals
• Bachelor's Degree
• Competitive compensation with uncapped earning potential • Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package • 401K for the long term • Paid vacation and holidays • Great work environment
RED APPLE MEDIA, part of the Red Apple Group, is expanding its broadcast operations with the acquisition of WLIR-FM (Long Island). WLIR broadcasts local talk shows plus programming from its sister-station, the legendary 77 WABC-AM (New York). The advertising sales department at WLIR is growing and is looking to hire entry and mid-level Advertising Sales Representatives.
Send resume and a cover letter highlighting your employment achievements and why you are a good fit for the position. No phone calls.
Red Apple Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive compensation structure that includes benefits. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online