Coordinator, Chapter Operations
Recording Academy GRAMMYsNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 12/19/2023 9:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Coordinator, Chapter Operations jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Coordinator, Chapter Operations postings
Full Time Job
**THIS POSITION IS HYBRID AND REQUIRES A MINIIMUM OF THREE DAYS PER WEEK IN THE NASHVILLE, TN OFFICE**
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Recording Academy's mission is to recognize musical excellence, advocate for the well-being of music makers and ensure music remains an indelible part of our culture. The Academy is a professional membership organization of musicians, producers, engineers, and recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and its makers.
We're looking for a highly motivated, idea-generating self-starter who will manage office operations, high quality initiatives, programs, and content for the Nashville Chapter team with professionalism. The Coordinator, Chapter Operations is responsible for developing and coordinating programs to ensure member retention, working with local outreach committees, and building coalitions in our Chapter city as well as the surrounding Chapter geography. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Nashville office building. You are a team player, ready to roll up your sleeves, with impeccable follow through on all initiatives and duties.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Work with the Executive Director to manage the operations of the new Recording Academy Nashville office building, including:
- Liaison with Property Manager and Recording Academy Facilities department.
- Manage the schedule for shared meeting rooms, including Board & conference rooms; Communicate with the various stakeholders about this scheduling system - Staff & Board, MusiCares, Executive Office, Museum/Foundation, etc.
- Liaison with service vendors, including researching best companies, scheduling services, discussing prices and managing invoicing for (but not limited to): Cleaning Service, Fire Inspection, Plumbing, Water Service, Repairs, Exterminator, Piano Tuner, Plant Care, Copiers/Printers, and other as necessary.
- Know the building systems: security, internet, fire safety, etc.
Facilitate the Chapter's GRAMMY U program.
- Recruit and facilitate interview and hiring process for Chapter GU Reps.
- In coordination with the GRAMMY U Program lead, work with GRAMMY U Rep in training on (but not limited to) Programming, Membership Presentations and Outreach, Program Invitation & RSVP Process, Copy Writing.
- In coordination with the Chapter's Membership Manager, structure a regular meeting schedule to monitor university and membership outreach. Set yearly goals for GU membership growth.
Staff Liaison for a variety of Chapter committees as directed by the Chapter's Executive Director.
- Work with committee chairs to schedule meetings and minutes.
- Responsible for implementation of any follow-up materials, including collaboration with the Chapter's Project Manager on related program and initiatives.
Execute the Chapter's social media marketing initiatives and strategy.
- Work closely with Chapter's Project Manager on each program's social media needs, create social plan strategy in partnership with the Academy's social media team and set timeline.
- Manage day-to-day administration of the Nashville Chapter Facebook Group and work to grow followers. Know best practices to best utilize this platform.
- Manage Chapter's social media calendar.
- Responsible for all vendor and performances agreements and releases pertaining to Chapter programs and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Academy's Business Affairs and Executive Director department on all agreements.
- Ensure timely delivery and receipt of signatures from vendors and program participants.
- Attend all Chapter programs and Board meetings.
- Work closely with the Academy's Communications Department to book and manage Getty photographers and security guards as it pertains to Chapter programs.
- Ensure contracts for all security, catering/bartender requests are reviewed with the Academy's Legal Affairs Department, signed promptly, paid according to each vendor's desired schedule, and event confirmation details are appropriately relayed ahead of each event.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, liaise with the social media and editorial teams, coordinating support and activations for Chapter events.
- Other programming duties as needed.
Handle all office supplies & needs, including general office supplies, postage, pantry supplies, mail, UPS, FedEx and pouch.
Facilitate the recruitment, interview and hiring process for temps and interns.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in music business or related preferred.
- 3+ years of executive level administration experience in the music industry preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong social media marketing skills.
- Excellent writing/grammar/presentation skills.
- Must be highly organized with excellent attention to detail and proven analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and problem-solve under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively interact with all levels.
- Must be proactive with the ability to take lead on assigned projects or key portions of projects as part of a team.
- Ability to foster welcoming hospitality, maintain composure, and delegate in at times high stress, complex situations to ensure the smooth and efficient running of an office, programs, and events.
- A desire to support company values including maintaining confidentiality, being accountable for actions, and interacting with others in a straightforward and honest manner.