Recording Academy (GRAMMYs)Los Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/18/2023 7:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Coordinator Category
Search for Accounting Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Accounting Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
*This is a temp to hire position. Location is hybrid, requiring up to three days per week in the Santa Monica, CA office.*
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Recording Academy is looking for an entry-level Accounting Coordinator to join our team. Were looking for someone who holds a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related Business field. You are a self-motivated team-player with an interest in pursuing a career in the Accounting field.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be responsible for the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for the Recording Academy and NARAS Properties, Inc.
- Review and data entry of invoices to ensure proper approvals and general ledger coding.
- Set up and maintain vendor records.
- Process semi-weekly check runs.
- File paper invoices and vouchers and scan into accounting system via PaperSave.
- Organize and maintain filing system.
- Mail and distribute checks.
- Assist AP/AR Supervisor with researching accounts payable discrepancies.
- Provide customer services to various departments and affiliated entities as it relates to accounts payable.
- Assist with performing month-end and year-end closing as needed.
- Maintain 1099 Files for the appropriate vendors.
- Provide daily various accounts payable reports as requested.
- Reconcile assigned GL accounts.
- Ensure effective communication with all internal and external customers and vendors.
- Periodically cross-train with other members of the department.
- Research and input cash receipts data daily into The Financial Edge.
- Handle all check deposits.
- Process credit card transactions for the Awards and Member Services departments.
- Process all credit card refunds for various departments.
- Provide extensive research assistance to Member Services and all other departments upon request.
- Prepare monthly employee receivable statements.
- Maintain effective billing and collection practices for outstanding accounts receivable.
- Research and resolve customer credit card disputes through American Express and Merchant Services.
- Assist in interpreting and resolving accounts receivable issues with clients.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and well organized physical files of AR records.
- Work events for the Recording Academy and its related entities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related, or related work experience.
- Previous experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, or general bookkeeping a plus.
- Non-profit and entertainment industry a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong working knowledge of Excel. Financial Edge experience preferred.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts with accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all staff in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail including solid grammar and punctuation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure of deadlines in a fast-moving environment.