Rand CorporationSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Conference Services Senior Manager, the Audiovisual Manager is responsible for guiding technology development in conference rooms across RAND's U.S. locations. The Audiovisual Manager is also responsible for daily supervision of AV staff that support webinars, videoconferences, audio conferencing, and special events at all RAND U.S. offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises AV Leads and Technicians who provide daily AV support of webinars, videoconferences, presentations and audio support for meetings and special events.
• Deliver exceptional service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders
• Handles complex meeting planning, defining appropriate technology, budget, staff assignments and final execution.
• Manage staff performance, maintain adequate staffing levels, and facilitate team development
• Develops policies and processes for AV team to provide timely, high quality service, updates policies and procedures where needed and trains new and existing staff on policies and procedures.
• Works with multiple stakeholders to develop RAND's AV technology strategy; defining needs and providing project management for conference room installations. Acts as technical liaison with the Information Services department.
• Prepares forecasts and budgets for technology-related capital projects. Provides input to yearly budget for AV equipment and expenses.
• Provides guidance and expertise in Video Teleconferencing (VTC) strategies and transition to cloud-based solutions.
• Acts as technology lead in defining AV cross-site purchasing, maintaining consistency in product selection, equipment installation, and user interface. Oversees equipment installations across locations.
• Stays abreast of audiovisual and collaboration technologies and evaluates appropriateness for RAND and RAND's institutional priorities and introduces new ideas to AV team.
• Minimum 6 years related experience, 10 years preferred
• Experience supervising staff
• Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification strongly preferred
• Thorough working knowledge of the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of audio, projection, VTC and display systems
• Experience transitioning VTC systems from hard endpoints to cloud based solutions
• Experience producing technical aspects of high-level events
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to travel up to 10% of time off site
Minimum High School diploma; Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
Must be able to obtain a security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
RAND is an Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Overview of RAND
The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. RAND's research and analysis address issues that impact people everywhere, including security, health, education, sustainability, growth, and development. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, RAND has approximately 1,950 people from more than 50 countries working in offices in North America, Europe and Australia, with annual revenues of more than $345 million.
RAND is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the public interest. Our research is sponsored by government agencies, international organizations, and foundations. We rely on philanthropic support to pursue visionary ideas; address critical problems that are under-researched; and devise innovative approaches for solving acute, complex, or provocative policy challenges. RAND values objectivity and integrity in both its research processes and internal interactions. We emphasize a collegial environment that respects the contributions and dignity of all staff.
Job Code: 5740