Senior Art Director - Hybrid
Ralph CreativeNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Art Director - Hybrid jobs in New York-NY
Ralph NY is seeking a Senior Art Director with strong graphic design and leadership skills to join our NYC design team.
Who is Ralph?
Ralph is an award-winning creative agency with offices in New York, LA, London, and Tokyo, filled with passionate people who work hard to create big ideas that inspire and innovate online. We represent a wide range of clients including Netflix, Apple, Hulu, FX, BET+, Amazon, Starz, Tinder, Facebook, Disney, and more. Check out our website for more background on who we are and what we do. For recent campaigns, check out: Gossip Girl (@gossipgirl), Emily in Paris (@emilyinparis), Tinder (@tinder), What We Do In The Shadows (@shadowsfx), Dickinson (@dickinson) and BET+ (@betplus).
We're a team of passionate and social creatures who value teamwork and collaboration above all. When we're in the office, we work in an open-plan environment, enjoy music, humor and aren't afraid to roll our sleeves up when we're busy. We follow the same principles working from home and strive for a tight-knit company culture while working remotely. We expect to return to our new Soho office for hybrid-IRL work in Summer 2022.
What's the role?
You will work closely with team members to mentor and produce exciting and polished content. You will assist the team to find stronger creative solutions and define styles for projects that range from social to 360 campaigns to app builds, websites, video shoots, live events, and more. You will work closely with our in-house team, utilizing their varied experience to translate into the best creative solutions. That said, there will be times you'll fly solo, working alone to take ideas from conception to delivery in a timely manner. You will be adaptable. You will have a passion for entertainment and love to see the narrative of shows and movies translated into multiple platforms such as social, digital, experiential and live-action shoot.
- Communicate and present work to clients, backing up campaigns with rationale to support the visuals and their reason to exist.
- Manage the bandwidth of your team of direct reports, provide them with resources and inspiration to enhance their productivity, creative output, and professional growth
- Create branded style guides, focusing on strong typography, textures, colors and composition
- Create mood boards, mocks, and define branding aesthetic for pitch decks
- Make templates (ex: IG stories suitable for motion or quote cards)
- Create illustrations to be used in static and motion assets
- Create social media content for various clients, paying attention to mobile specs best practices
- Research inspiration for projects that will benefit the team, inspire the team to think about creative differently
- Color-correct and stylize photos
- Create storyboards
- Communicate with the team to find creative solutions
- A friendly, positive, helpful, can-do attitude.
- Expert in Photoshop and Illustrator (Experience in After Effects a plus!)
- Mentorship experience
- An excellent eye for composition, layout, color, typography and detail
- Be comfortable executing quick-turnaround designs for clients and staying calm under pressure
- Eager to learn and grow with the team, must take feedback very well, no egos
- Love entertainment. Avidly consume television, film and social content
- Be solutions-orientated, always questioning how we can make things better
- Great at researching fresh inspiration to create styles and branding for clients
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible, helpful, able to multitask
- Takes calculated risks and own projects, able to troubleshoot issues
Only submissions with digital portfolios will be taken into consideration!