Radio Milwaukee, Inc.Milwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
Backline Co-Director Radio Milwaukee, Inc.
Through music and stories created for a culturally open-minded community, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee, Inc. is a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
As an organization we believe in the following values:
o Progressive/open to change
o Fun, humor and enthusiasm
o Transparent communication to staff and community
o Accountability and acknowledgement
88Nine Radio Milwaukee is deepening its commitment to the Milwaukee music scene by forming a companion program to the existing program - Backline. This position will lead the process of developing and executing this program within Radio Milwaukee. Once the program is developed, the position will also handle the daily on-goings of the program including staff and committee organization, management, and collaboration.
• Build a new vision of Backline Radio Milwaukee while complementing the 12- week Backline accelerator program with gener8tor.
• Plan and execute the new program vision, in collaboration with volunteer committee, staff and key stakeholders
• Coordinate and execute Backline Radio Milwaukee programs and related activities (workshops, showcases, etc.).
• Recruit, vet and help select musicians with collaboration with Gener8tor, to participate in Backline Radio Milwaukee.
• Work collaboratively with the Development Director to shape annual revenue targets and fundraising strategy and assist with fundraising appeals and grant proposals as needed.
• Build relationships with stakeholders in the music and entertainment industry both locally and nationally (musicians, managers, record labels, producers, distributors, mentors, service providers, etc.).
• Continuously listen to the Milwaukee music scene in order to develop and maintain a program that meets its need
• Coordinate with program stakeholders and help develop relationships with supporters.
• Act as the lead mentor and continuously support program musicians, alumni, and the local music community.
• Support the Radio Milwaukee team across all product lines to build connectivity between all programs.
• Communicate and work in tandem with Marketing Director to develop program communication plans.
• Commitment to Radio Milwaukee's mission and values
• Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, organized.
• Experience and existing relationships in the Milwaukee music and entertainment industry is preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities and external relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, collaborate with diverse groups and develop relationships.
• Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic teams.
• Willingness to intensively and rapidly dive deeper into the industry, even if already familiar. • Flexibility to travel and work some nights and weekends- we're not a Monday-Friday, 9-5 operation!
• At least two years of program or product management experience a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by 5pm, October 23, 2020. No phone calls please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online