Associate Podcast Producer
Rabbit Grin ProductionsNew York, NY
Rabbit Grin Productions is looking for an Associate Producer to handle logistics and fully manage end-to-end podcast production on-site in NYC. The Associate Producer will be the first and last touchpoint on the show, responsible for helping to coordinate schedules between the production team, host and guests, supporting the post-production team, and episode release.
The Associate Producer has a strong understanding of podcasting as well as the technical background to oversee the execution of all phases of the production process; from content development to production, editing, and release. This position requires strong leadership and collaboration skills, and the ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver, self-motivated, and experienced in content production.
The Associate Producer will be responsible for overseeing the pre-production, production, and post-production processes in their entirety from week to week on a specific show. The ideal candidate is comfortable communicating with PR teams, social media teams, client-end executive producers, a post-production team and has experience ensuring talent needs are met.
A background in audio and technical knowledge will be useful as the position will be responsible for working with the on-site studio engineer to resolve any issues that may arise during production. You will also be responsible for handing off assets to the post-production team after a recording is completed and to ensure editing teams have what they need to complete the post-production process; this process includes relaying feedback from the host/host's team with any editing notes.
Finally, you will be the last line of defense for quality control of an episode before it releases as well as the person responsible for deploying it.
The Associate Producer must always consider the high-level strategy and creative aspects of the show to ensure the message and integrity of the show are being conveyed each week and will bring ideas on ways to improve the show and workflow to the co-founders of Rabbit Grin. This role will work directly with the client and their team, and Rabbit Grin Productions personnel to ensure the smooth delivery of each episode.
• Manage pre-production, production, and post-production processes in their entirety
• Work with host's team to schedule and coordinate podcast recordings
• Organize audio and creative assets for the post-production team
• Oversee podcast recordings to ensure everything runs smoothly
• Oversee post-production process with a team of editors
• Quality check final edits
• Write show descriptions
• Set up, schedule, and deploy episode releases
• Think critically to optimize or improve processes and efficiencies
• Oversee asset creation and deployment with social media and graphics teams
• Participate in zoom meetings to review show's needs and progress
• Use a Project Management application to manage episodes and communicate with the entire team
• 1 years of Podcast production or other audio production experience
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of how content production teams work
• Ability to work on multiple projects, fast timelines, and with different personalities
• Master of problem-solving and being proactive
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Skilled communicator especially when liaising with clients and the creative teams
• Experience working in creative disciplines
• An organized self-starter who can work autonomously, while collaborating with others from afar
• Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.), as well as Dropbox
• Experience with the Zoom recording devices
• Familiarity with Teamwork Projects is a plus
Note: Must be local to New York, New York.
This is a 1099-based contractor position with an expected 10-15 hours per week requirement and will report directly to the founders of the company. Producers are paid a flat rate per episode.
Rabbit Grin Productions is a young, growing end-to-end podcast production company specializing in celebrity-hosted interview-style podcasts. Rabbit Grin was founded in 2019 and has quickly grown to produce shows with high-caliber talent in the podcast space from Anna Faris, Sean Hayes, Mayim Bialik, Sophia Bush, and many more. Our goal is to offer objective-based, highly organized, and efficient production so the talent can focus on what they do best.