PR / Publicity Lead
QuibiLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a strong Entertainment PR/Publicity candidate to join and grow with our team. This role will focus on high-profile campaigns for original series and films on Quibi -- feature length stories told in ''bite size'' chapters. This creative problem solver will report to the Head of Communications and need to wear multiple hats and prioritize time accordingly. You will be playing both a strategic and tactical role to steward what Public Relations/Publicity means at Quibi.
What You'll Do:
- Develop strategy and execute communications around Quibi's brand and content offerings for our ''Lighthouse'' series.
- Drive positive coverage of Quibi - in consumer, trade and business publications (across broadcast, print, digital as well as non-traditional platforms).
- Develop creative and unique press events or activations to influence consumer behavior and get results.
- Lead communications for Quibi talent, including interview prep, drafting talking points, media training and related planning for talent interviews, appearances and events
- Writing press releases, managing set visits, scheduling press junkets, building and growing relationships with journalists, working with talent representatives and talent relations, implementing screening/reviews strategy and assisting with the management of agencies
What You'll Need:
- Have 10 to 15+ years of experience in Entertainment PR/Publicity, with a background in television and film publicity, and/or experience at an entertainment entity (corporate division or streaming company).
- Experience leading campaigns for original scripted series and films - theatrical and documentary, television specials, and/or premium cable, across traditional and digital channels (preferred).
- Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media.
- Ability to think strategically and ''roll up your sleeves''.
- Capable of understanding and comfortably interpreting business and technology issues.
- Be a clear and concise communicator.
- Have excellent media relationships and experience executing PR strategy for high profile campaigns.
- Work well across multiple departments (Marketing, Social, Sales) to execute campaigns.
- Be proficient in managing multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thriving in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Have experience managing agencies and/or experience working at an agency.
- Be effective in dealing with talent and talent reps.
- Have positive relationships with journalists and other media influencers.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online