Public Media Group of Southern CaliforniaCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Department: Education and Engagement
Classification: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Early Learning Manager
Location: Costa Mesa
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our growing organization. If you are collaborative, detail oriented, and have an interest in (or experience with) education, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels - KCET and PBS SoCal - are available for free on internet - connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Under the supervision of the Early Learning Manager and working in collaboration with the early learning team, the Project Coordinator will oversee tasks delegated by the early learning manager, coordinate administrative duties such as reports, files, and documents.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
70% Project Implementation and Support
- Provides administrative and operation support on implementation of early learning projects
- Follow-up, on a daily basis, with early learning team for project implementation needs from internal and external partners
- Actively collaborates with the early learning team and contributes to the entire project lifecycle including: implementation, setup, evaluation, reporting, and partner follow-up
- Works collaboratively with the early learning manager and early learning team to maximize department projects productivity
- Provides budget management support; Monitors project spends and helps ensure resources are used efficiently
- Report updates verbally and in written form to management
- Maintains up-to-date files and records of project documentation
- Assist with the creation and distribution of promotional items, and printed materials in connection to early learning.
- Respond to participant inquiries and conduct daily business
- Assist with PBS SoCal programmatic and educational initiatives as needed.
- Represent the station with a highly professional and personable demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant work experience in education/project coordination (preferred)
- Combination or work experience and education will be considered
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to proactively address potential issues
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks, prioritize work, and be comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to interface with staff effectively and positively
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online