Grant Writer- Education
Public Media Group of Southern CaliforniaBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Position Title: Grant Writer - Education
Classification: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director, Institutional Giving
Location: Remote Work (Burbank, CA- as needed)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for an experienced Grant Writer to join our growing organization. If you are comfortable working with complex grants, understand non-profit fundraising, and have an interest in (or experience with) early learning education, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels - KCET and PBS SoCal - are available for free on internet - connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
This regular, full-time, non-exempt position is primarily remote but may require some travel to various PMGSC offices. The position reports to the Associate Director of Institutional Giving and is responsible for managing and growing a robust institutional giving portfolio with a focus on Public Media Group of Southern California's educational programs (on-air, online, and direct service programming).
80% Grant Management
- Manage and grow robust institutional giving portfolio, primarily comprised of education funders
- Write and submit proposals and reports, including drafting cover letters, program descriptions, and persuasive case statements
- Prepare supplementary materials for submissions (e.g. budgets and budget narratives, work plans, logic models, goals and objectives, organizational documents, measurement and evaluation plans, and associated materials)
- Lead funder meetings including site visits
- Attend standing team meetings, lead non-standing meetings with program staff, and successfully manage interdepartmental relationships
- Cultivate and maintain relationships within the philanthropic educational community, including education stakeholders
- Assist with other institutional giving team fundraising efforts, as needed
20% Research and Administration
- Prospect research for new grant opportunities that align with PMGSC's education programming priorities
- Maintain current records in database and files
- Attend Advancement department and other organizational meetings
- Participate in professional development opportunities, as appropriate
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of three years of grant writing experience (preferred)
- Combination of education and experience
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Experience managing complex grants with staff and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with staff and external partners
- Experience working in the education field, particularly in Southern California's early learning community (preferred)
- Holds existing relationships with regional and national education funders (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online