Digital Producer - Nonprofit
Public Media Group of Southern CaliforniaBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/5/2022 8:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Digital Producer - Nonprofit jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Digital Producer - Nonprofit postings
Full Time Job
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is hiring a full-time Digital Producer. This position is responsible for the development, coordination and execution of digital content under the news and environment for our PBS campaigns, acquisitions and digital initiatives. The Digital Producer will so be responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships with local and national news organizations. Digital content for this position includes articles, video, social media content, ongoing editorial and multimedia projects. This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule and onsite work will be from our Burbank office.
Because this position will focus on news and environment, the candidates for this position should have experience with or interest in these topics.
- Work with staff to develop and manage digital content plans for campaigns, programs and initiatives.
- Create, distribute and facilitate the execution of digital content plans.
- Research and develop articles, make pitches, assign writers, copyedit and publish articles.
- Write for headlines, descriptions and websites.
- Enhance content with photos, infographics, maps and slideshows.
- Edit cutdowns and clips from existing video content.
- Pitch, script and edit social media videos.
- Manage related media for distribution by coordinating and/or publishing media to various platforms including social media and YouTube.
- Review website, video and social media metrics and respond to increase audience reach.
- Collaborate with marketing and other departments that support or require digital content.
- Research and develop digital content ideas and partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years of experience working for media outlets as an editor, multimedia or digital producer.
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, TV/Film, Mass Communication or related subject and/or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with or interest in producing news or environment-related content required.
- Proficient with multimedia tools and practices.
- Proficient in media production for online platforms including short-form video content, social media videos and articles.
- Strong writing, editing and headline skills with consideration towards SEO.
- Photo editing skills with the ability to manipulate, crop and enhance images.
- Knowledge and experience with still-image photography.
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop.
- Proficient with Drupal and Wordpress, social media platforms and Google Analytics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule and onsite work will be from our Burbank office.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all PMGSC employees working onsite (regularly or occasionally).